Author Topic: Is it possible to run arstblsp remotely against ZOS?  (Read 498 times)

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Is it possible to run arstblsp remotely against ZOS?
« on: April 18, 2023, 07:11:34 AM »
Our use case is that us CMOD Devs occasionally will need to view open tables, close tables - etc. And currently we need to engage our Z/OS DB2 folks.

I have my library server running on Z/OS, and a utility server that has CMOD, the database cataloged, etc.

I can connect to the database with an instance that was setup on the box, no issue - view all the tables, etc.

db2 connect to CMODDEV user <guestpass> using <password>

Within ARS.ini- I defined the INSTANCE as CMODDEV and the instance owner as archive (the local instance on the box)

I added the Z/OS DB2 guestpass/userid to the stash file - and within ars.ini - I am pointing to that stash file.

I switch to the archive user and here's what I get (Just trying to view now, for a POC..)

Code: [Select]
[archive@server ~]$ arstblsp -a 3 -g APPGROUP -h CMODDEV
ARS0013E DB Error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0204N  "SYSIBMADM.DBCFG" is an undefined name.  SQLSTATE=42704  -- SQLSTATE=42S02, SQLCODE=-204, File=arssys.c, Line=332
ARS1107E An error occurred.  Contact your system administrator and/or consult the System Log.  File=arstblsp.c, Line=1929
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING