Author Topic: AFP2PDF conversion possibility using IBM CMOD REST APIs  (Read 448 times)

mayank81089

• View Profile
AFP2PDF conversion possibility using IBM CMOD REST APIs
« on: August 09, 2023, 11:39:21 AM »
Hi Team,

We are integrating CMOD 10.5 REST APIs into a custom application to retrieve AFP documents from CMOD and we want to transform these APF documents into PDFs before sending it to the caller of the document.

Has anyone tried anything like this before with REST APIs if you can suggest the possible options that will be great.
 I understand that this is possible with ODWEK APIs with generic transform interface which allows us to leverage RICOH afp2pdf to transform it but I am not sure how to achieve the same with CMOD REST APIs

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mayank 

spond

• View Profile
Re: AFP2PDF conversion possibility using IBM CMOD REST APIs
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 12:51:33 PM »
REST uses the same Generic Transform Interface via ODWEK. You can specify the transformXML path to the xml file in the .tmpl or .conn file (see pages 11-12 of https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/content-manager-ondemand-rest-services ) to define the transform. Then you can call the named transform on the retrieve end point. See section 3.6.2 of the REST End Point reference. For example,

cmod-rest/v1/hits/<folder name>/docid?viewerName=<transform>

where <transform> = OD_AFP2PDF (or whatever you decide to name it in your xml file)

mayank81089

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 02:36:19 PM »
Thanks Much Spond

Really great to hear from you and addressing my concern, I am gonna try this as next step

Thanks,
Mayank

mayank81089

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 12:55:01 AM »
Thanks Spond,

It worked really appreciate your suggestion.

Thanks,
Mayank