Author Topic: Wintel : Moving Data - OnPrem SAN > AWS  (Read 479 times)

jsquizz

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Wintel : Moving Data - OnPrem SAN > AWS
« on: December 21, 2023, 08:04:04 AM »
I am working on a migration from windows 2012 to windows 2022.

I've successfully implemented V9.5 + DB2 V11.5 on a new server. I've taken a full offline database backup from the windows 2012 server, via the OnDemand scheduler.

I then successfully restored the database:

Code: [Select]
db2 "deactivate db archive"
db2 "restore db archive from e:\ replace existing"
db2 "activate db archive"

I used robocopy within windows to move around 10GB of test data.

I restarted the application via configurator, and the database looks good, metadata/objects/etc - All seem perfect and as expected.

when I go to retrieve a document.. I get

Code: [Select]
OnDemand is unable to determine the link for the file >f:\arscache1\retr\CBA\2FAAI<. The error number is 22
I ran arsmaint -rsv thinking that could tidy things up - and that did not work so far either.

Anyone have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?
#CMOD #DB2 #AFP2PDF #TSM #AIX #RHEL #AWS #AZURE #GCP #EVERYTHING

Lars Bencze

• CMOD Expert at Skandia
    • View Profile
    • INACTIVE - Bezland Consulting
Re: Wintel : Moving Data - OnPrem SAN > AWS
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 06:34:21 AM »
Sure, here are a few things to check:

1. Did you verify that this particular file was included in your 10 GB file copy?
2. And its linked target? (Probably something like "f:\arscache1\<somenumber>\CBA\DOC\2FAAI")
3. Did you use the proper flags in robocopy so that the link file (I assume) was indeed copied as a link? Robocopy default is to copy the link TARGET instead of the actual link.
4. Also, even if it is a link, the link may be "dead". You can check this by right-clicking on the link file and check if it has a target file path or not (compare with the same file on your windows 2012 server)
EDIT:
5. Of course, also check the access settings for your OD user account against this folder structure. It is a beach  ;) in Windows, not like in the Unixes where you can just run "chmod sumthng" a couple o'times and it's done.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 06:25:57 AM by Lars Bencze »
OnDemand for MP expert. #Multiplatforms #Admin #Scripts #Performance #Support #Architecture #PDFIndexing #TSM/SP #DB2 #CustomSolutions #Integration #UserExits #Migrations #Workflow #ECM #Cloud #ODApi