Author Topic: Can we skip Post Processor Script when loading with Generic Indexer?  (Read 717 times)

Mehmet S Yersel

• View Profile
    • LinkedIn Profile
Hi All,

I am loading migration data from a CMOD 9.5 into a target CMOD 10.5 system using Generic Indexer. For migrated reports, I need to skip the PostProcessor.sh script because these reports already have been processed with the PostProcessor.sh script. However, Day forward reports need the post processor to populate some index fields upon ingestion for the first time.

I know, normally, migration reports need to go to a separate AG and day forward reports need to go to separate AG. But, client didn't want this option. They want to load into same AG both day forward as well as migration data.

Second alternative is to manipulate the script. I am loading from a Windows platform into Linux. So, modifying the post processor script to distinguish between the 2 data types wouldn't work because the file paths and script names cannot be the same for Windows (where migration data is loaded from) and Linux (where day forward data is loaded from) platforms. If loading of migration reports starts from a Linux platforms, same as day forward reports, this method would work. But that doesn't look like a viable option due to time it would take to set up.

Third alternative is to add new applications for migration data, remove post processor scripts and load migration data this way.

But, ideally, I should be able to tell ARSLOAD to skip Post Processor Script for a particular report. And I don't see this option being available (maybe an enhancement request). Is there a way to skip a post processor script for a certain report without having to remove it from Load Instructions?

Thanks in advance,
-Mehmet

#zOS #Multiplatforms
#DB2 #OAM
#AFP #RiCOH AFP2PDF #SnowBound
#Finance #Telecom #Airlines
#ICN #IHS #WAS ND #Cert and Key Management
#Migrations #Data Modeling #RACF-2-CMOD Synch
#FileTek AMMO #ABI #RMDS #RADAR

rjrussel

• View Profile
Re: Can we skip Post Processor Script when loading with Generic Indexer?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 09:16:22 AM »
I am fairly certain that you can't, but I am still looking. I'll let you know if I find something. In the meantime, while not a great solution, you could create a copy of the APP without the postprocessor defined. Again, not great, but depending on what you are doing might be better than nothing.