Author Topic: Removing .ind and .out files from Root Folder  (Read 3604 times)

KLefler

Removing .ind and .out files from Root Folder
« on: April 22, 2010, 01:15:02 PM »
Is there a tool that should be removing the .ind and .out files once a report is loaded to CMOD? 

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Removing .ind and .out files from Root Folder
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 02:42:13 AM »
Hello,

Is there a tool that should be removing the .ind and .out files once a report is loaded to CMOD?

So, I suppose you are using the command "arsload", and I also suppose that you are using the option "-n".
If that is the case, then just remove the "-n" option, and arsload will delete the .out and .ind as soon as it has finished to archive successfully the document.

Maybe could you give us the options you are using with the arsload command.

Otherwise you will need to write a small program in order to clean up old .ind and .out files.
Unfortunately I don't know iSeries, so I cannot help more than that!.

To answer specifically your question, no, there are no specific tools to do that.

I hope I've answered your question!!

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

tbrown

Re: Removing .ind and .out files from Root Folder
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 08:08:07 AM »
If the user for the job that is loading the data has a home directory, the .ind and .out files will go into that home directory and not the root directory.  For example, if user USER1 issues the STRMONOND or the ADDRPTOND commands, then the work will be done under that user profile.  If there is a directory by the name /home/USER1 then the .ind and .out files will go in that directory rather than the root directory.  Normally the .ind and .out files are deleted automatically unless the load fails and then they are left there.