Author Topic: ODWEK 8.4.1+ Deploy of Java Servlet on WAS 6.1+  (Read 3756 times)

rbarrenechea

• View Profile
ODWEK 8.4.1+ Deploy of Java Servlet on WAS 6.1+
« on: May 17, 2010, 03:41:49 PM »
Hi:

I have CMDO 8.4.1.2
I do have a ODWEK 8.4.1
WAS 6.1.0.1
And WEBI 1.0.3

But I am trying to deploy the Java Servlet. And the IBM documentation regarding how to do this is incorrect to put it politely: If you follow the ODWEK deployment instructions for ODWEK 8.4.1 you will find that the Java Class name has change, but after the copy file section goes to how to build your deployment servlet, and all the instructions, including file names are a perfect "cut and paste" of the WAS 5.0 deployment with ODWEK 7.1.

Then has anyone done this with 8.4.1+ and WAS 6.1+ And by anychange does have better documentation than the IBM one. Could you please share it with me?

Thank you.

Roberto

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ODWEK 8.4.1+ Deploy of Java Servlet on WAS 6.1+
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 02:29:59 AM »
Hello Roberto,

I am trying to figure out why it does not work, but it is the first time I'm trying to include the servlet, so I'm basically trying to go through all the installation steps, and I see that the program assembly.sh does not exists in the WAS 6.1 standard installation!!!

Well, after some research I've found that maybe you need to install the Websphere Application Server Toolkit!

I will keep you informed on my findings.

But in all cases, if you find problems like that, I can only advise you to open a PMR with IBM, and explain you are trying to follow the documentation to deploy this servlet and it does not work.
Then, if it is a documentation problem, then it will be corrected, but in all cases you will receive the correct procedure with all prereq in order to deploy this servlet in your configuration.

I don't know if it helps, but if you have such problems, please for everybody, open a PMR, so it will be corrected for the future users!

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML