Author Topic: Multiple indexes pointing to single document  (Read 2843 times)

Gyanendu

Multiple indexes pointing to single document
« on: June 03, 2010, 04:13:16 AM »

I need to archive AFP, PDF, HTML documents having multiple indexes pointing to single document. Is it possible to create 2 indexes (say 2 different account numbers - 001 & 002) mapped to single document stored in OAM. Do I need to use any user exit or some other method to achieve this, please sugest.

Thanks in advance !

- Gyanendu

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple indexes pointing to single document
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 08:34:46 AM »
Hello Gyanendu,

short answer yes it is possible.

long answer, there are many possibility to do it, but the 2 that comes into my mind right now are the following:

1) You archive your document, and at the same time you archive, you want to add this new index, so in the index file you create 2 entries:

GROUP_FIELD_NAME:account_nb
GROUP_FIELD_VALUE:001
GROUP_FIELD_NAME:xxx2
GROUP_FIELD_VALUE:yyy2
GROUP_OFFSET:0
GROUP_LENGTH:0
GROUP_FILENAME:single_document
GROUP_FIELD_NAME:account_nb
GROUP_FIELD_VALUE:002
GROUP_FIELD_NAME:xxx2
GROUP_FIELD_VALUE:yyy2
GROUP_OFFSET:0
GROUP_LENGTH:0
GROUP_FILENAME:

just leave the group_filename empty, automagically CMOD will use the last filename used.

So 2 index definition for 1 document.

This works only with Generic Index

2) For this second way, you already have your documents in CMOD, and then you add a new index to an already stored document:

arsdoc add -h host -a <appl> -g <applG> -n field1=value1 -n account_nb='002' -n ... -i "where account_nb='001' and ..."

Your "-i" must select only 1 document, and then bingo you have a second index for your document!

Now, if you are using one of the indexer (ACIF, PDF, ...), then probably yes, you'll need to do that. Personally I don't have any experience with User Exit and several Index. So I cannot help you in that topic...
Maybe you can look in that direction:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cmod/v8r4m1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.ondemand.indexingzos.doc/ars3d371231.htm

Cheers,
Alessandro
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 08:36:45 AM by AlessandroPerucchi »
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML