Author Topic: OnDemand Common Server V5R4 and high availability  (Read 4573 times)

soniab

OnDemand Common Server V5R4 and high availability
« on: July 28, 2010, 07:56:16 AM »
Hi,

We have Content Manager OnDemand Common Server on iSeries (V5R4) and a software mirorring Vision (ODS400 and OMS400) to replicate data from production to backup system.   

We replicate libraries QUSRRDARS, QUSROND, IFS /QIBM/USERDATA/ONDEMAND* with Vision.

I am able to start the instance on the backup system but I can not logon with OnDemand Administrator or OnDemand Client. I submit the problem to OnDemand Support but they said 'OnDemand support does not provide support for mirroring issues. That being said, I would still like to assist you in trying to find out why you are unable to access the instance from the client.'

I am discouraged.   :'( It is very paintful to get support from IBM OnDemand. I think the guy does not like me. 

Somebody has Common Server on an high availability system? Do you have to exclude some files?

Thanks in advance

tbrown

Re: OnDemand Common Server V5R4 and high availability
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 05:50:59 PM »
I know of companies who successfully mirror those libraries and directories and are able to signon to the backup system.  The only thing that I am aware of is to not mirror the /QIBM/UserData/OnDemand/QUSROND/TMP and /QIBM/UserData/OnDemand/QUSROND/PRTTMP directories.  Customers have had problems with archiving data when the above TMP directory is mirrored but I do not know of issues with signing on becasuse of it.  What error message do you get when you try to log on to the backup system? 

Have you considered saving those libraries and directories, turning off mirroring and then restoring the saves on the backup system?