Author Topic: Is it possible to load zip files in CMOD?  (Read 5469 times)

plb3945

Is it possible to load zip files in CMOD?
« on: September 15, 2010, 02:01:32 AM »
Several files are too big to be send by flow and the applicative department want to send the files in zip format in g?n?ric CMOD. Is CMOD is able to load the zip files? If it's possible how CMOD do with those files? unzipping directly or it's necessary to unzip in windows?
Thanks for your reply
Best regards
Philippe

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to load zip files in CMOD?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:06:14 AM »
Hello Philippe,

depends!

Yes OnDemand can store ZIP files in one Application Group. But it means that the whole file is archived. That's probably not what you want.

So if you want to archive the content of the ZIP, then you must write a small script to unzip it, and then archive the files one by one.
Where you do this script with the unzip (Windows, Unix, z/OS) is not important, but it will be your only way to archive the content of the ZIP in CMOD.

Best regards,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

plb3945

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 05:03:22 AM »
Hello Alessandro

Thanks for your reply. It's right i want to store a zip file not the content of the zip. If i store a zip file do i  write something in the mime type? How CMOD do when you want to display the zip file after the store? Is it CMOD or the user have to unzip file to display on the personal computer?
Thank for your help
Best regards
Philippe

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 05:33:19 AM »
It's right i want to store a zip file not the content of the zip. If i store a zip file do i  write something in the mime type? How CMOD do when you want to display the zip file after the store? Is it CMOD or the user have to unzip file to display on the personal computer?

Ohhh, that's what you wanted! :-) So in the application you need to choose the Data Type "User defined" and give the extension    zip

Then when you want to display the document, OnDemand will try to open with the application configured on the extension zip defined on the MIME/Type for this computer/browser.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

plb3945

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 05:59:46 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

It's ok for me, i will try tomorrow to create a new application in user define zip
Thank you very much
Best regards
Philippe

plb3945

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 06:04:20 AM »
Hello Allessandro,

One question again about zip file:
Is it also ok for the .gzip ?
Thank for your reply
Philippe

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 02:01:34 AM »
Hello Philippe,

Data Type : User defined  is meant to store any type of files you want. ZIP, MP3, DIVX, DOC, XLS, BlueRay, ... everything!
So you add the extension of the file, could it be zip, gzip, doc, iso, ...

as long as you have an application which can open the file with this extension on the workstation/browser, then there is no problem.

Best regards,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi