Author Topic: Creating "Stacked" PDF out of Exstream  (Read 17363 times)

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
Re: Creating "Stacked" PDF out of Exstream
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 01:01:17 AM »
Now this is a silly question tha I am asking.
Is Adobe Acrobat installed or not?

LWagner

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 07:47:02 AM »
No, not installed. 

But based on my brief experience using output from ARSPDUMP, and the description of using the Wizard with Acrobat, there could be a clash.  The documentation says make the box around the trigger or field as large as possible.  ARSPDUMP gives coordinates at decimal hundredths of an inch as tight as possible around the text.  When I tried using wider coordinates ala what the documentation suggested, the text was not found.  So using the wizard with Acrobat, one might have to try over and over again to get valid coordinates to index the text.  But using coordinates from ARSPDUMP, you have the coordinates nailed the first time. Plus if you need to change triggers or fields, no need to go through the guesswork again, since ARSPDUMP provides output on every word of every page in a test file.

Based on this experience, Acrobat might be nice to have to stick with the wizard, but unnecessary.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 11:11:48 AM »
"Adobe Acrobat (AcroExch.App rc=-2147221005) could not be loaded."
"Unable to initialize document."

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21211278

When I use the administration client to define my index parameters through the graphical interface, I receive message:
ACROEXCH.APP -2147221005

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21141770

Hello Ed,

you need to have at least Acrobat Standard version installed.
You cannot use it with Acrobat Reader.

And then if you have it installed, then you must be sure that it is installed before CMOD Client.
If it installed after, you'll need to copy the arspdf32.api from   <Home Directory for CMOD Client>\PDF
and copy it in the plug-ins directory of your installation of Acrobat Standard Version.

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

ker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 06:41:53 AM »
So, I want to be sure I understand the indexing approach taken here by LWagner.
  • You arsdump'd a PDF file - created by Exstream as described earlier
  • You copied the desired coordinates into a "keyboard input" indexing parameters file just like you would for a linedata file, or an AFP file.
  • You specified PDF as the input data type/load method
  • You loaded with arsload
  • You did not use the graphical indexer on the file
  • This was not a "stacked" PDF file (multiple separate PDFs in a single file) but a single PDF file with multiple customer statements in it.

Did I get that right?  Please correct where I'm wrong.
Thanks.

LWagner

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 07:55:09 AM »
This WAS a stacked PDF.  A test file with five embedded PDFs in one PDF file.

I also learned that if ARSPDUMP does not break on something, then you can't force a break.  I had a string of three codes together, with no break.  I could not force the string to be taken in pieces by specifying intermediate stop and start points along the string.  I tried catching a different "break", along hundredths of an inch moving 1/100s, and no break.

So ARSPDUMP will tell you your absolute break strings.

hoon

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 02:30:53 AM »
Hi

If you by stacked pdf's mean creating a file with pdf's that is concatinated into a file, we have such a solution.
Dialogue creates also a index-file with pointer to the start of each new pdf-file in the containated file(The size of each document in number of bytes).

This is solved on the Dialogue-side with use of DDA conectors and java-code - developed with help from the company Emitto, that was the Dialogue-representants in the Nordic contries. The people involved now work in Avantias.

HON
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:37:24 AM by hoon »

LWagner

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 10:17:41 AM »
PDF load performance in CMOD 8.4.0 is limited.  A 500 document loads, a 2000 document PDF fails.  Each averaged about 2.6 pages per document, about 30 Mb each on input, and about 320 Mb on output.

CMOD 8.5 does better PDF performance, and is able to use a common PDF resource for the elemental PDFs, so the file size does not grow.

But as we understand it, PDF load performance is still about 10 times faster on a Windows object server than in z/OS.  We are going with a small server farm to upload our PDFs.