Author Topic: OnDemand 8.5, IIS & arswww.cgi  (Read 8707 times)

rellerbrock

• View Profile
OnDemand 8.5, IIS & arswww.cgi
« on: November 11, 2010, 06:14:59 AM »
Has anyone had any sucess getting CGI working on Windows 2008 R2 x64 IIS for ODWek 8.5?  I get the following when try to log into the sample application.

HTTP Error 502.1 - Bad Gateway
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are "".

I have configured the Handler mappings so the arswww.cgi has a module mapping to "CgiModule".

Nils Engerby

• View Profile
Re: OnDemand 8.5, IIS & arswww.cgi
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 08:23:08 AM »
It's been a while since you asked, but since there are no responses...

I have arswww.cgi running in a new development system with exactly the same setup. The following page was very useful when configuring IIS:

http://www.coastrd.com/cgioniis7

Giving permissions to the built-in IUSR account seemed to be the key to your issue.

The 8.5.0.0 version of the CGI hangs if you use POST requests from your web pages. This is solved in 8.5.0.1 but a new bug was introduced which causes document retrievals to fail if the folder name is obtained from a cookie and the folder name contains accented characters. I have an open PMR for that.

Apart from that, everything seems to be working ok. We will upgrade our production system to this environment as soon as the accented character problem is washed out.
Nils Engerby - Skandia Bank & Insurance, Stockholm, Sweden
CMOD MP 10.5.0.1 - Windows Server 2016 - DB2 11.5.5 - TSM Server 7.1.1
#Multiplatforms #Windows #ODWEK #AFP2PDF #DB2 #TSM

narnold33

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 07:28:23 AM »
installed ODWEK 8.5 on iis 7 and noticed is does not create a website or any of the OD files? Do we now have to build the site?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 06:51:29 AM »
Hello Narnold33,

Well by installing ODWEK, it just installs the files, and libraries. That's it.

If you want to use IIS, Apache, or anything else, then you must configure it yourself.
For that please look at the ODWEK & IIS documentation, on how to do it.

For your information, the CGI is deprecated since ODWEK V9, so if you are doing a new development... I would suggest to use IBM Content Navigator (In your passport Advantage download page), or create your own website with the JAVA Api included in ODWEK.

I don't recommend WEBi for new installation anymore, because of IBM Content Navigator, it will be deprecated soon...

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

narnold33

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 07:29:16 AM »
Allessandro, thanks for the information. OnDemand was kind of dropped on me and I'm not a web developer\programmer I was however able to get the website somewhat working but I get the same error that is discussed in this post: HTTP Error 502.1 - Bad Gateway
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are "".

Have not been able to resolve yet. I will take a look at Content Navigator in the future but for now I just need to get this working.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 02:41:47 PM »
Hello Narnold,

did you try to install a fix pack to ODWEK 8.5 ? I mean which version are you using at the moment? Plain 8.5.0.0 or the latest fix pack 8.5.0.6?

If it is plain 8.5.0.0, then you must install the fix pack to resolve your issue.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

narnold33

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 09:39:38 AM »
Yes I did have the patch applied. I could run not the .cgi from a command line. Using dependecy walker I was able to see I needed some .dll's moved from lib32 and also had to add ARS_ORIGINAL_CODEPAGE to the registry. After that the website is running. Now I just neeed to be able to copy data and import db from another system. Fun stuff.