Author Topic: Can the field box length of Folder Field in Viewer client be increased  (Read 2788 times)

Rajat_Chakraborty

This is related to a field box size to key in the search value in viewer client. For any field when we key in the values we can see the first 19 bytes and if the length is more than 19 then the values move towards left. like if  I have keyed in 21 bytes for any field I can see only 19 bytes and the 1st two bytes (left most) is moved to left. Can anyone tell me if this length of the box can be increased and we can view more than 19 bytes

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hello,

So yes you can do it, BUT that's a manual process.
Meaning, while CMOD is stopped you need to change directly in CMOD the size of your field (table ARSAGFLD), change the segment table ALTER TABLE ALTER COLUMN...

Then, it would be ok.

Otherwise, there is no other ways. Except maybe export/import !! :-) but I'm sure you are not going to be a big fan of it!!

And of course, do a backup before, and TEST IT !!!!!!!

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML