Author Topic: Generic indexer help needed  (Read 9020 times)

geoffwilde

• Administrator
  • z/os erm icn
    • View Profile
Generic indexer help needed
« on: March 23, 2007, 06:22:23 AM »
We're trying to use the cheap method of storing a PDF file, and I need some help. I'm using the generic indexer with a PDF file and an index file, but every time I try to load the file, it give me the following error msg:

arsload: Using /od/ars/tmp for temporary files                                                                                     
arsload: Processing file >/od/ars/tmp/16844032 (DD:EINSERT-...PATH=.SPECIFIED...)<                                                 
arsload: 03/20/07 13:08:07 -- Indexing started, --UNKNOWN-- bytes to process                                                       
arsload: Generic Indexer requires the data to have already been indexed.  Index the data or verify your input file and resubmit the
job                                                                                                                                 
arsload: Output/Indexer file was not created                                                                                       
arsload: 03/20/07 13:08:07 Indexing failed                                                                                         
arsload: Processing failed for file >/od/ars/tmp/16844032 (DD:EINSERT-...PATH=.SPECIFIED...)<                                       
arsload: Processing has stopped.  The remaining files will NOT be processed.                                                       

Any ideas?  This is new developement work for us.
President, OnDemand Users Group
Lead Technician for Content Manager OnDemand @
US Bank
#zSeries

geoffwilde

• Administrator
  • z/os erm icn
    • View Profile
Re: Generic indexer help needed
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 07:02:51 AM »
problem(s) solved. the documentation is not very well written on this, but I used IBM to get this done.
President, OnDemand Users Group
Lead Technician for Content Manager OnDemand @
US Bank
#zSeries

johnnoel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 08:38:02 AM »
I am getting a similar error when trying to do this in Onemand Multiplatform (Windows)

arsload: Processing file >M:\arsload\HLQ.JOBNAME.PDF37A.DECSAUTO-V08.2011001.1035000.ard<

arsload: 05/03/11 10:17:48 -- Indexing started, 2073 bytes to process
arsload: Generic Indexer requires the data to have already been indexed.  Index the data or verify your input file and resubmit the job
arsload: Output/Indexer file was not created
arsload: 05/03/11 10:17:48 Indexing failed
arsload: Processing failed for file >M:\arsload\HLQ.JOBNAME.PDF37A.DECSAUTO-V08.2011001.1035000.ard<
arsload: Unloading of data was NOT performed

I am not sure if the ard file shouldn't be the actual index file. I am using it like it is. What should the contents of the ARD file be? I know what the .ind file should be and the out file is really a PDF file using Generic Indexer.

How did you solve this problem?

Thanks,
John

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 10:30:50 AM »
Hello John,

I've replied to your other post. :-)

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

johnnoel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 01:08:33 PM »
Thanks! I realized that I posted it in the z/os and so posted it in the MP afterwards.