Author Topic: problem with upgrading to 8.5  (Read 9111 times)

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
    • SYSBLOX , AIX consultancy
problem with upgrading to 8.5
« on: April 21, 2011, 06:26:50 AM »
Hi All,

After upgrade from 8.4.0.3 to 8.5 i get the following error when starting arssockd:

output from : alog -o -f /var/adm/ras/conslog

0 Thu Apr 21 15:18:51 CEST 2011 arssockd (ARCHIVE): 04/21/11 15:18:51 0 ARSSOCKD  4 213 Unable to load the OnDemand DB2 dynamic load library (arsdb2).  Check to make sure DB2 is installed and that the db2ln command has been run

arsdb -gkv gives the following error:

# arsdb -gkv
arsdb:  Unable to load >DB2<
Illegal instruction(coredump)

Ofcourse i did db2rmln and db2ln , but no luck.

I am using db2 9.5 at the moment
My starting point was prior to the upgrade.

OD 8.4.0.3
DB2 9.5

I first upgraded DB2 to 9.5 with no problems
then i upgraded cmod to 8.4.1.7 with no problem

After upgrading cmod to 8.5.0.0 i ran in to the above problem.

Anyone an idea?

Thx. Michel.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: problem with upgrading to 8.5
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 07:23:57 AM »
Hello,

maybe this is related to a problem of path:

The LIBPATH for your OnDemand should include /opt/IBM/db2/V9.7/lib64

Maybe not... it's worth a try.

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:15:49 PM »
Hi Alessandro

Thanks for your reply.

unfortunately the error while starting arssockd still occurs.

First i upgraded from 8.4.0.3 to 8.4.1.0. arssockd was starting fine. Problem with arssockd came up after upgrade to 8.5.0
So it looks CMOD related, not db2.

*** Update *** copied arssockd binary from cmod 8.4.0.3 to the updated server. Now arssockd is started....
So problem seems to be in 8.5 arssockd binary. Looks library related, or maybe a 32 / 64-bits issue?

I have openen a PMR, keep you informed.

regards,

Michel.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:42:26 PM by mkraker »

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 05:25:25 AM »
I know what went wrong. After upgrading to 8.5.0 the following errors occured (from /tmp/odlog.txt)

ZeroGlq: /usr/lpp/ars/bin/exits/arsdb2 (Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.)
ZeroGlq: /usr/lpp/ars/bin/exits/arssmtsm (Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.)

Samething happened the 2nd time. I then removed arsdb2 and arssmtsm and installed 8.5.0 again.
Now the errors were gone and now cmod and arssockd can be started.
Ofcourse before i started the upgrade i stopped all software so arsdb2 and arssmtsm were not active during installation time.

Michel.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:48:43 AM »
I know what went wrong. After upgrading to 8.5.0 the following errors occured (from /tmp/odlog.txt)

ZeroGlq: /usr/lpp/ars/bin/exits/arsdb2 (Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.)
ZeroGlq: /usr/lpp/ars/bin/exits/arssmtsm (Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.)

Samething happened the 2nd time. I then removed arsdb2 and arssmtsm and installed 8.5.0 again.
Now the errors were gone and now cmod and arssockd can be started.
Ofcourse before i started the upgrade i stopped all software so arsdb2 and arssmtsm were not active during installation time.

Michel.

Hello Michel,

thank you for posting the resolution of your problem.  :)

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:40 PM »
Hi All,

another problem with upgrading to CMOD 8.5. Now i updated to 8.5.0.1 (FP1)

Everything seems ok, but when i want to search the SYSTEM LOG i get the following error in AIX console log:

0 Fri May  6 07:36:13 DFT 2011 arssockd (ARCHIVE): 05/06/11 07:36:13 13348 A166999 CISY-Support 2 13 DB Error: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0122E  Program type out of range. SQLSTATE=HY003 -- SQLSTATE=HY003, SQLCODE=-99999, File=arsdoc.c, Line=2604

So it looks like it's got something to do with arsdoc binary. When i use an older version of the arsdoc binary , there is no problem.....

I have opened a PMR for this, keep you informed.

Regards,

Michel.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 04:19:34 AM »
Hello Michel,

did you follow the upgrade process for the "System Log"??

Since you were upgrading from 8.4 -> 8.4.1 -> 8.5, you should have done it... but just in case look at that webpage:

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?mynp=OCSSEPCD&mync=E&uid=swg21446135&myns=swgimgmt

cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 04:26:58 AM »
Hello Alessandro.

Do you mean:

c.Optional, but recommended. Update the System Log application group for the longer 2000 character Message Text. If not performed SQL truncation warnings may be issued for certain System Log messages.

arssyscr -I instance_name -l
arstblsp -I instance_name -a 1 -g "System Log"

Yes i did that. Strange thing is , i get the error after upgrade to 8.5.0.1.
With 8.5.0.0 i had no error.

Regards,

Michel.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »
Hi Michel,

Ok :-) so I'm waiting for the answer of IBM Support, like you!

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »
Just a quick note to thank you guys for posting the solution to this.  Ran into this error today -- I'm sure you just saved me a week's work!

On AIX, I just ran this immediately before running odaix.bin:

rm /usr/lpp/ars/exits/ars*

Also, you could prevent this entirely by uninstalling your previous version of CMOD before starting the 8.5.0.0 installer.  (Something IBM considers 'optional'.)

-JD.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 10:24:02 AM by Justin Derrick »
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 07:57:25 AM »
Hello Justin,

I agree 100% with you, before installing CMOD 8.5, you must really uninstall V8.4 otherwise you get into lots of problems... I've had an incredible number of errors just because I didn't uninstall the previous version, and removed all the remaining files.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 10:17:29 AM »
And just a quick note for others who find this thread...  BEFORE you ininstall CMOD 8.4.x, make sure you back up your configuration data:
   tar -xvf /tmp/CMODconfig.tar /usr/lpp/ars/config*

When CMOD 8.5 is installed, restore your ars.ini, ars.dbfs, and ars.cache files.  Review the contents of your OLD ars.cfg file, and manually add in any changes you've made.  This ensures that you have the latest copy of ars.cfg, and get all of the new variables.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

Steve Bechtolt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 04:37:33 AM »
There is a tech note out there regarding this situation, sorry I don't have the actual link but you need to run the slibclean command prior to the installation:

Installing or updating the Content Manager OnDemand server, features, or ODWEK completes, but with errors
Technote (FAQ)

Question
Why does the installation complete, but have errors when installing or upgrading on AIX?
Cause
The usual cause of this could be that the OnDemand Server or WAS was not stopped and the Install Anywhere installer was not able to replace all the executable and libraries.
Answer
Review the log file in the /tmp directory. See the table below for a list of log file names.
You will have error messages like the following:
These messages will tell you what modules the installer is having trouble overwriting.
To correct these errors, make sure the OnDemand Server is stopped or WAS is stopped.
Run the command slibclean. The slibclean command unloads all object files with load and use counts of 0. It can also be used to remove object files that are no longer used from both the shared library region and in the shared library and kernel text regions by removing object files that are no longer required.
Doing this will allow the installation to complete without errors.
Steve Bechtolt
IBM Certified Solutions Expert - IBM Content Management - OnDemand Multiplatform
ERM as a Service - DXC Technology