Author Topic: Comparing Objects (App Groups, Apps, Folders, ...)  (Read 2572 times)

frasert

Comparing Objects (App Groups, Apps, Folders, ...)
« on: June 03, 2011, 06:48:12 AM »
Before I put this under Enhancement Requests, I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Is there a way to compare objects and show the differences between them?  Say you have 10 application groups and you want to make sure that all of them are using the same ACIF indexing.  It would be nice if you could select the app groups from the Admin Client, right-click and "compare", producing a report/screen showing any differences

I know you could write a script/program to do this (probably with arsxml), but I think this would be a nice feature included with the Admin Client.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Comparing Objects (App Groups, Apps, Folders, ...)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 02:31:49 AM »
Hello,

At my knowledge no, either you do a compare with arsxml, or if you are really sure of yourself, directly in database!

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML