Author Topic: WEBi deployment on WAS ND 7.*  (Read 3372 times)

sandeepveldi

WEBi deployment on WAS ND 7.*
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:36:38 PM »
 Hi All,
Can you please let me know if anyone has done the WEBi installation on WAS ND (network deployment) 7.0? Here's the issue:
In my environment, the websphere installation directory /opt/IBM/WebSphere/was70 is different from the profile directory (which contains the cluster). When I start the WEBi installer, I've chosen the WAS installed directory as /opt/IBM/WebSphere/was70. When I goto the next step, the installer complains that it's not able to find a server profile under that directory.
I'm thinking that this issue is occuring because it might have been hardcoded in the installer to try to find the WAS profile under the same directory that's designated as WAS installation directory.
I'm attaching the screenshot of the error.

I've even tried to give the server path of the cluster member as the WAS installation path. But, it fails as expected.  >:(
Please note that the deployment manager and cluster member profile path are on the same LINUX server in this case.

If any of you have faced similar issue, please let me know.

Thanks
SV ;D

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WEBi deployment on WAS ND 7.*
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 02:33:50 AM »
Strange...
I've installed several times WEBi on WAS ND 6.1 and no problem.
One month ago, I've installed it in WAS 7 (no ND), and no problem, and yes the profiles directory was in another directory... like your example.

Well, I don't know what to tell you, except maybe open a PMR at IBM support.

One question... have you used WAS ND 7 in 32bits? because at the moment WEBi supports ONLY 32bits WAS on Unix (Linux, AIX, Solaris) and Windows environment... So maybe that could be an issue.

Cheers,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

sandeepveldi

Re: WEBi deployment on WAS ND 7.*
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 07:14:15 AM »
Alessandro,
Yes. We have installed WAS ND 32 bit to make sure it's compatible with WEBi. I've reached out to tech support and they have provided me the documentation. Which I've already gone through before starting the installation. Any ways I'll double check to see if I missed any steps.

Are there any special steps (not available in WEBi installation documentation) that I need to take care of?

Thanks
SV