Author Topic: Integration with Content Manager for iSeries  (Read 3937 times)

BHUMENY

Integration with Content Manager for iSeries
« on: January 26, 2012, 08:36:26 AM »
My question is regarding the recent annoucement of the feature called Integration with Content Manager for iSeries in the OnDemand Newsletter - 1st Quarter 2012.

It states:
Integration with Content Manager for iSeries
is now available for versions 5.4, 6.1, and 7.1
of OnDemand for i.
More information about integration between
OnDemand and CM for iSeries can be found
in support item 7023237.

My question is: Why is this thing rearing its ugly head once again?
We started using this feature back in the late 1990's and abandoned it early in the 2000's when we started using EIP and the web based eClient to perform federated searches against CM for iSeries and CM OnDemand for iSeries.
Is it being re-announced because it now supports Common Server?
What has changed with it and why would we go back to using it?
Is the CM Client still being maintained or updated?  Is there any web based client support?

Thanks.

P.S. Although I have been a long time user of OnDemand (since 1996), this is my first post to this forum.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:42:20 AM by BHUMENY »

Stephen McNulty

• View Profile
Re: Integration with Content Manager for iSeries
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 07:17:51 AM »
I am hoping that this may lead to better things.  There has been no movement on EIP (or now II4C) in years, and I am in the process of trying to replace eClient because of issues with newer versions of Websphere and total lack of support for the product.
#ISERIES #ODWEK #XML

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Integration with Content Manager for iSeries
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 01:42:53 PM »
I am hoping that this may lead to better things.  There has been no movement on EIP (or now II4C) in years, and I am in the process of trying to replace eClient because of issues with newer versions of Websphere and total lack of support for the product.

eClient has maybe not the best support, but it's quite old.... but the official web client at the moment is WEBi for CMOD and CM.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML