Author Topic: Webi Authentication.  (Read 5916 times)

javed.khan

• View Profile
Webi Authentication.
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:02:41 PM »
Is it possible to by pass the Authentication of the Webi interface?

Requirement is to Authenticate the User out side of Webi and the directly present the user with the acessible folder listing....

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Webi Authentication.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 10:11:39 PM »
Hello Javed,

Well it depends on what you call authentification outside WEBi...

WEBi need an authentification, it does it through ODWEK in reality. WEBi has it's own way to build cookies/URL in order to keep that information.
So if you want to do it externally from WEBi, I don't see how it can work without going at least once through the WEBi authentification mecanism.

Can you give us more details?

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

javed.khan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
Thanks for a quick reply Alessandro,

I have a user id and password that has access to some folders in the CMOD server. I can write a small Java application to invoke the ODWEK to authenticate the user using the above user id and password.

After I authenticate the user I want the user to be redirected to the second page in WebI i.e the folder listing.....Is that even possible? My gut feeling is that it is not possible....Just need an expert opinion...

Regards,
Javed Khan

javed.khan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:02:13 AM »
This is indeed possible using the silent login feature of Webi....If any one else wants to implement such a solution go to the Webi documentation and check the silent login feature.....

demaya

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 02:15:24 AM »
Hello Javed,

sorry for the late answer, I was on holiday :-D

so you can do pretty much what you want with WEBi 1.0.4.4 today. You need to know Javascript, and you can customize it to your taste.

The documentation on how to do it can be found in the installation directory of WEBi, in the docs directory you have the whole Javascript API descriptions.

I haven't done Javascript dev with WEBi at the moment, but I'm sure you'll find what you need in there :-)

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

markrussell

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 02:50:34 AM »
On related topic - we implement password authentication in C exit which works fine for OnDemand fat client and OnDemand Admin client.

However, WEBI does not display the error message output from the C program if user makes an error changing password for example.

WEBI simply displays "An error occurred with the OnDemand Server". Unfortunately we can't move to WEBI until this is fixed.
Do we have to code the C programs differently to interface with WEBI?

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 07:23:45 AM »
We are having a similar issue at our location...Currently we are using mainframe password authorization (RACF) for our users..This was carried over when we converted from the old RDARS (OnDemand) system...When a users password has expired in RACF, and they attempt to log into the Webi, they also receive "An error has occured on the OnDemand Server"....This is obviously misleading and is causing users to open problem tickets thinking there is an issue with webi...Ideally we'd like our users to  be able to change their password on Webi even though it's using RACF authentification...Does anyone know if this is possible?..If not, is there a way to "change" the "An error has occured on the OnDemand Server" message and overwrite it with a 'custom' message indicating they need to log into the mainframe to change their password?