Author Topic: Usage of Database table partitioning  (Read 2890 times)

sandeepveldi

Usage of Database table partitioning
« on: April 09, 2012, 09:01:27 AM »
Hi All,
Please let me know if any of you have used the "partition" concept for the application group data tables with "Oracle" as CMOD's backend database.
I've tried this option with Oracle 11.2.0.2 and CMOD 8.5.0.3. Based on the table properties, it does not look like CMOD is partitioning the application group data table created.

Thanks
SV

kbsiva

Re: Usage of Database table partitioning
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 08:51:44 PM »
Hello SV,
 I do not think CMOD will create partition tables by itself. An oracle DBA should be able to partition the table after taking backup ofcourse, based on range parameters. We do use an oracle db in the backend but have not tried to partition the ars tables , we do it for other oltp tables. Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks
kbs

sandeepveldi

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 02:01:56 PM »
Siva,
There's a way to do partitioning from CMOD itself. You have enable the "ARS_DB_PARTITION=1" flag in your CMOD config (ars.cfg) file. Unfortunately IBM tech support is saying that "for CMOD to create DB table partitions, the flag must be enabled right from beginning of CMOD schema creation".
So i'm working with them to see if there's any work around for that instead of scrapping my OD schema and recreating it.

Thanks
SV

kbsiva

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 01:27:28 PM »
Thanks for the response sandeep.