Author Topic: Need to have both 8.4.0.3 and 8.5 CMOD servers available for administration  (Read 4082 times)

LWagner

I definitely will  have both servers up and running simultaneously.

To avoid having to re-install the Windows and User clients, will I need to keep these on different PCs ?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hello,

Please look at this client/server matrix, it answers your question :-)

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21392275

So if you install the version 8.5 of the client, you have no problem. The only problem is the admin client.

For that, I have an unofficial way (not supported by IBM, but works without problem for me). But it means using Linux instead of Windows.
And in using Linux and the Wine software, then you can create as many "Wine" profile and run several version of your admin client.

If Linux and Wine are not "allowed" in your company... even in a VM, then yes, you will need to have 2 workstations for the admin client (not the normal client).

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

demaya

Or you may have an "unused" Windows server anywhere in your VMWARE env? So you can install one on your workstation and one on the server.