Author Topic: Loading AFp using generic indexer.  (Read 8978 times)

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
Loading AFp using generic indexer.
« on: June 01, 2012, 06:48:53 AM »
I have a vendor who extracts the AFPs from docHarbor.
They provide us the .res, .out and .ind files.

Now we have to load this into CMOD.
What are the pre-conditions?

In the .ind file i will have the name of the .out file.
How would CMOD know that this is an AFP and that the .res file has to be picked up as well.

Thanks
Pankaj.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: Loading AFp using generic indexer.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »
CMOD will know it's AFP data because you'll be loading it into an Application that is defined as having AFP as the data type.  CMOD should search the .res file to find the resources that are referred to in the AFP data stream, and turn them into a resource bundle.

It's a good question -- I'm not EXACTLY sure how this is handled when using a Generic Index -- but I have done it, and I'm quite sure that it works.

Test it out and report back!

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:28:49 PM »
The problem is I am not loading it myself. It's a different team that is trying it out.
I have another question.

I assume that with Generic indexer, the .res should be in the same folder as the .out file path mentioned in the .ind file.
What if the .res file is in a different location?
Is there a way to tell the Generic indexer to pick up the file from xyz directory?

I will post back once I hear from the other team.

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:40:31 PM »
Just in case someone has problem loading AFP with generic indexer, this is what is mentioned in IBM website.
But in my case the .res file is in a different directory and I need a way to tell the generic indexer of it's path.

Troubleshooting scenario 8: The ARSLOAD program with a generic indexer does not load my AFP documents with inline resources correctly
Symptom

You used ARSLOAD with a generic indexer to load a data file with more than one AFP? document and a resource group, confirmed that the structure of your data file was correct, and received a confirmation on your console that the documents were successfully loaded into your Content Manager OnDemand server. However, when you retrieve the documents from the Content Manager OnDemand server, you received a 1303 error message indicating that some resource was missing.

Possible causes
The primary cause of this problem is that the resources must be in a separate file when you use ARSLOAD with a generic indexer to load the AFP documents into your DB2? Content Manager OnDemand server. Using ARSLOAD with a generic indexer does not allow resources to be defined inline with the documents in the data file.

Action
Change the extension of your data file to *.out if your data file has another extension, because ARSLOAD searches for a data file with the *.out extension.

Ensure that you have a lowercase extension (for example, *.out, *.ind, *.res) for all the files that ARSLOAD needs to load on AIX?, because AIX is case-sensitive. Also ensure that the GROUP_FILENAME in *.ind is identical to the name of your data file.

If you use ARSLOAD with a generic indexer, you can load several AFP documents (multiple BDT/EDT pairs) into your OnDemand server with just one data file. To do so, set the length and offset in your *.ind file. However, if the ACIF indexer is used, you cannot do so, because ACIF indexer allows only one data file to contain one document (one BDT/EDT pair).

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:42:58 PM »
In ARSLOAD, there's no option to specify the .res file specifically.
Based on this I assume that the .res file should be in the same directory as the .out file.

LWagner

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 02:37:21 PM »
I have a similar problem to this older post.

Of AFP documents, running arsdoc GET.  This only is producing .out and .ind files
On the new system. AIX, I have tried indexer as Generic, and OS/390 before running arsload.

The index values load just fine, as do common resources for a graphic border.
But the text of my bills is not to be seen. Besides the border graphics, the documents are blank.

This arsdoc get is by loadid.

Earlier in June, I ran a similar arsdoc get sequence, but retrieving specific bills individually by account information. I was not re-loading them to CMOD.  Those AFP documents displayed without any problems.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:40:37 PM by LWagner »

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 05:47:52 AM »
Well, there's two things that could be the issue...  If your ACIF indexing parameters don't include 'RESTYPE=ALL', then CMOD doesn't have the resources to give you.  Alternately, you might be missing the -a option when running 'arsdoc get' to retrieve resources.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

LWagner

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:49:31 AM »
My issue turned out to be use of -X and loadid option, with migrated CMOD 2.1 AFP documents.
IBM told me the CMOD 2.1 object indexing was different, and could not be used with -X out of 8.4,
so arsload should have erred out, but did not, just proceeded to load 30,000+ document indexes, with no documents, only the associated graphics from .res files.

On the original issue regarding the .res for AFP, you need to move the .res to the same directory as the .ind and .out files.  If storage is not adequate, you need to re-do network drives on the systems involved so that the file drive and directory references in the .IND match the locations for the .OUT and .RES files.

AlejandroGonzalez

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 01:34:25 PM »
Hello LWagner,

About "My issue turned out to be use of -X and loadid option, with migrated CMOD 2.1 AFP documents.
IBM told me the CMOD 2.1 object indexing was different, and could not be used with -X out of 8.4,
so arsload should have erred out, but did not, just proceeded to load 30,000+ document indexes, with no documents, only the associated graphics from .res files."

>> So, what is the correct way to recover the files if it is not with the -X and the loadid? Could you tell me, please?...

thnks...