Author Topic: Encrypting Webi Content  (Read 3794 times)

tjspencer2

• View Profile
Encrypting Webi Content
« on: July 24, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »
Can/How do you encrypt Webi content sent via Webi email link?  Internal folks at our shop need to send content from Webi when they click the email link, but because the content is sensitive, we'd like to programmatically encrypt this.  Are there ways to stuff the Subject, Email Body, or OnDemand filename with [encrypt] to accomplish this?  Or, are you doing this a COMPLETELY different way?

kbsiva

Re: Encrypting Webi Content
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 10:45:07 AM »
Hi - I am not sure if I understand you completely, but will try to explain.

There are two ways of sending an email in WEBi , one is via the link. Out of the box, WEBi has the SSL functionality through WAS so you can have the URL as https://...instead of http. Mayach had posted the steps for this in a previou post.

The second is sending the document itself as an attachment. I am not sure if this will be something that you can do in WEBi, since WEBi basically opens the local email client which could be lotus notes, outlook or anything else that is set up a default mail program. So it would be up to the end user to encrypt the message and send it out.

The other option would be to disable to the second option and force the users to only send the link and force anybody who is accessing the document to log in to the portal.This way you would have an audit trail of people logging in and out as well.

Hope this answers,

Siva

demaya

Re: Encrypting Webi Content
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 11:39:20 PM »
Hi,

I have an another idea: we set up the server printing via webi. If the user chooses "Dok2Mail"-Printer the server sided script sends the original file per Mail to the user. It's absolutely the same as "Send document per email" but you have more flexibility.

Via the "print" script you can put the file into a password-encrypted zip or tar and send it via mail to the user.

This is described very common, if you want some more information, let me know.

Cheers