Author Topic: Application group does not exist  (Read 4010 times)

rjchavez

• View Profile
Application group does not exist
« on: January 15, 2013, 11:20:42 AM »
I'm using the arsload utility to load output extracted from an CMOD 8.4.0.3 system into my 8.5.0.6 system with all the latest maintenance.  This works fine with most Application Groups but this particular one has a 'blank' (space) embedded within its name 'PROD JCL2'.  So I receive the following errors during arsload:

arsload: Processing file >/SG01/fpl/ars/tmp/test.0.PROD JCL2.PROD JCL2<
The application group >PROD JCL2< does not exist or user >admin< does not have permission to access the application group
The userexit >/usr/lpp/ars/V8R5M1/bin/exits/arsuupdt< failed. The return code is 16

arsload: Processing failed for file >/SG01/fpl/ars/tmp/test.0.PROD JCL2.PROD JCL2<

I've exhausted all my search efforts and am short of opening an PMR.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: Application group does not exist
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 03:16:03 AM »
I know you're posting in the z/OS forum, but on the UNIX command line, you can 'escape' spaces with a backslash immediately before the space:
    PROD\ JCL2

Or you can enclose the file name/path in quotes:
    "/SG01/fpl/ars/tmp/test.0.PROD JCL2.PROD JCL2"

Also, on your command line, you can enclose the Application Group name in quotes when using the -g parameter:
    -g "PROD JCL2"

Maybe z/OS has something similar?  Let us know if any of these options work -- and if not, paste in your entire arsload command/JCL so we can take a look at it.

-JD.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 03:17:46 AM by Justin Derrick »
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

rjchavez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 07:39:04 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  Even though I am executing under z/OS, I am under Unix.  I've tried the '\' backslash and received the same error.  I've tried numerous 'quote' (single double quotes) string combinations to no avail.  here's are some of the arsload commands I've used:

/usr/lpp/ars/V8R5M1/bin/arsload -nvf -X G -h ARCHIVE -u xxxx-p xxxx-g "PROD JCL2" -a "PROD JCL2" -1 /fpl/ars/tmp/arsload.trc -2 1 -E -K '/SG01/fpl/ars/tmp/test.0.PROD JCL2.PROD JCL2' > /SG01/fpl/ars/tmp/rxc01sq_arsload.dat;    

/usr/lpp/ars/V8R5M1/bin/arsload -nvf -X G -h ARCHIVE -u xxxx-p xxxx-g PROD\ JCL2 -a PROD\ JCL2 -1 /fpl/ars/tmp/arsload.trc -2 1 -E '/SG01/fpl/ars/tmp/test.0.PROD JCL2.PROD JCL2' > /SG01/fpl/ars/tmp/rxc01sq_arsload.dat;                                  

/usr/lpp/ars/V8R5M1/bin/arsload -nvf -X G -h ARCHIVE -u xxxx-p xxxx-g 'PROD JCL2' -a 'PROD JCL2' -1 /fpl/ars/tmp/arsload.trc -2 1 -E '/SG01/fpl/ars/tmp/test.0.PROD JCL2.PROD JCL2' > /SG01/fpl/ars/tmp/rxc01sq_arsload.dat;

Greg Ira

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »
The message you get seems to indicate that it isn't a real problem with the space.  Your message states: "The application group >PROD JCL2< does not exist.."  Which tells me it is pulling the application group name just fine from your original load statement, otherwise you would see >PROD<.  Silly question, did you check the permissions on the application group?  While Admin will normally have administrative access to all application groups, if the application group is specifically named in the permissions for Admin without "Add" permission the load will fail.
  My second guess would be the arsuupdt exit.  Has that been modified for your system and does it handle spaces in the application group correctly?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:15:49 PM by Greg Ira »