Author Topic: SYSTEM LOAD issue  (Read 6894 times)

DDP021

• View Profile
SYSTEM LOAD issue
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:29:55 AM »
We recently upgraded to CMOD 8.5...We currently load reports from the mainframe using both OS/390 and ACIF indexers...Currently on the mainframe we are running 8.4...Ever since the 8.5 upgrade, our OS/390 loads are not being written to SYSTEM LOAD....ACIF loads are...IBM has indicated this is a 'bug' and should not be happening...Of course they indicate the fix is to upgrade to 8.5 on the mainframe...Our systems people are always hesitant to change anything that previously wasn't broke..Is anyone else aware of this kind of log issue and if  there is a way of correcting it without doing a complete upgrade on the mainframe??

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
Re: SYSTEM LOAD issue
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 08:14:43 AM »
The level of arsload must match the level of the target system because there's awareness of things like new or updated tables.
#zOS #ODF

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:47:51 AM »
So the only option is to do a full upgrade or is it possible to just update the neccessary modules/tables?

jeffs42885

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 10:28:13 AM »
We completely got rid of the SYSTEM LOAD folder. Turns out it caused some headaches. Not sure of the specifics but I remember reading it on here.

Tom_Brady_12

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 02:34:36 PM »
Hi Ed,

As writing system load fails, the job returns 06 instead of 00.
Do you have a way to 'turn off' writing information into system load, so we can avoid seeing RC 06?

Thanks

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 11:46:07 AM »
So the only option is to do a full upgrade or is it possible to just update the necessary modules/tables?

If you're on 8.4 you know that goes EoS on 4/30 so you really need to upgrade anyway.

My recommendation - don't try to get into a mix and match situation.

Is there something holding up the 8.4 -> 8.5 migration?

Ed
#zOS #ODF

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 11:47:49 AM »
We completely got rid of the SYSTEM LOAD folder. Turns out it caused some headaches. Not sure of the specifics but I remember reading it on here.

Not recommended.  If I get time (hah!) I may try to see if I can find the rationale.

Ed
#zOS #ODF

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 11:50:03 AM »

As writing system load fails, the job returns 06 instead of 00.
Do you have a way to 'turn off' writing information into system load, so we can avoid seeing RC 06?

No I don't.  Please get in sync soonest. 

If you run into specific problems upgrading open a PMR or at least consult the collective wisdom here.

Ed
#zOS #ODF