Author Topic: SOAP web services and ODWEK  (Read 4400 times)

jkbd

SOAP web services and ODWEK
« on: February 27, 2013, 07:27:48 AM »
Hi, just wanted to see if anyone in the group has had any experience building ODWEK enabled web services (using SOAP specifically). I have a requirement to expose some ODWEK functions such as folder search, criteria return, document retrieval (using PDF transform utility) in a stateless web service environment and just looking to see if anyone here can provide any wisdom/experience/tips.

jeffs42885

Re: SOAP web services and ODWEK
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »
Though I am more of a back-end guru, I would be curious to see this also.

What PDF transform utiity are you using?

jkbd

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 08:43:23 AM »
We would be using the AFP2PDF utility (transforming stored AFP documents to be presented as PDF, as per our requirement). We would be using MTOM enabled web services (pretty awesome example can be found @ http://www.coderanch.com/t/432304/Web-Services/java/send-pdf-file-client-server, check out the last post in the thread.

javed.khan

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 11:39:22 PM »
ODWEK is a Java API that can be used even with a simple Java class with Main Method. It can be vaguely viewed like any other driver like database driver which helps in connecting to a database. ODWEK API can be wrapped against a SOAP/RESTful webservice or a normal web application without any issues. We have an XML based web application running on WAS that uses ODWEK API.