Author Topic: Creating a search via the CMOD ADMIN client  (Read 4059 times)

DDP021

• View Profile
Creating a search via the CMOD ADMIN client
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:41:16 AM »
Does anyone know if it's possible to do a search via the ADMIN client on a particular parameter ?...Basically what we are attempting to do is search across all our defined Application Group for a particular setting (ie Create Table Space Type) to obtain a listing of what definitions are set to "None" on this field..So we'd want to do a search so we receive back a listing on all the current Application Group who have the Create Table Space set "None".. Is there an easy way to do this?..I've attached a screen shot of the field in question....We also have a product called Mobius which allows you to do a FILTER on any field on the definition to gets results...I've found the Summary option in the Admin client but not been able to find a way to a specific search on a particular field or setting....

Frederick Tybalt

• View Profile
    • Personal Website
Re: Creating a search via the CMOD ADMIN client
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 08:05:18 AM »
I don't think this is possible via admin client. The summarize option will provide you the details in text file and which would be in turn be difficult to find it out.

One other option if you have DB is access is to get the details from tables. I guess you will have this value set in ARSAG table
rIcK
======------------------======
www.rick.co.in | www.tekbytz.com

DDP021

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 08:07:55 AM »
I hope my question made sense...Basically what we want to do is a search across our Application group to find which groups have CREATE TABLESPACE TYPE set to "NONE" for this particular instance...But ideally we'd like to be able to do this search on ANY field/setting to get a specific result...The Summary option allows you to check certain options to get a generic result but not do a 'custom' search...

Greg Ira

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 01:08:49 PM »
No that kind of search isn't possible using the admin client.  As Frederick stated that's only possible by running a SPUFI on you database for the TYPE column in your ARSAG table.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:39 AM »
The problem with doing a database query is that the 'Type' field is a bit-vector for a number of different options, stored/encoded as an integer.  I'm pretty good with SQL, but I'm not sure how to turn the integer number into meaningful fields inside an SQL query (although I can do this with Perl quite easily).
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR