Author Topic: ARSULOAD exit  (Read 3857 times)

jeffs42885

ARSULOAD exit
« on: March 06, 2013, 09:29:45 AM »
Hello all,

We currently use ARSULOAD to send back load information to our business partners, app name, app group, loadid, etc..and then they use this to verify a file loaded, or to publish a file to the web.

We have a new requirement that is working in our QA environment, we received the PDF/index files from the business, the files load, and then a text file is generated and sent back to the business. This is working as expected and I wanted to move it to our contingency site to test it before it goes live..Keep in mind, our OnDemand QA box is a shared object/library server.

1) I stopped CMOD on our 1 OnDemand Contingency Library, and 2 Contingency library servers.
2) I backed up ARSULOAD on the 2 library servers
3) I copied ARSULOAD from our QA server to our 2 OnDemand Library servers
4) I had our SA run SLIB clean on all 3 boxes
5) I restarted the App
6) Sent the test file through, No file was generated for the new application. I verified that the file loaded (87) and other files that are suppose to send text files also do. I think I might be missing a step here. Anyone have feedback?

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
Re: ARSULOAD exit
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:05:25 AM »
UNIX execute permissions?  Did they survive the file transfer?

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

jeffs42885

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:23:30 AM »
I will verify this Justin, thanks.

rstockton

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 11:02:25 AM »
We are looking into sending out notifications for load status.  Do you have an example of the process/script that you use to create and send your text file.

jeffs42885

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »
JD-

I tried this in our stage environment which mimics our distributed production environment, and it worked. I verified that the permissions on the file were the same they were in QA when i tested it in BCP, still no good. It looks like the exit is responding but not picking up the code. within the exit.

rstockton- we execute scripts that use a tibco process to send the files to the business.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »
Maybe this is simple... but do you have all the required libraries you need with you arsuload exit?
I mean I've seen sometimes that people are using special libraries with their user exit.
So if you copy only that part without having the libraries, it won't work.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

pankaj.puranik

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 08:50:06 PM »
Hi Jeff

Could you please list down the steps to use ARSULOAD.
If you could attach some screenshots too it would be great.

I also intend to use this feature for my customer and need some pointers to begin with.

Thanks
Pankaj.