Author Topic: The OnDemand PDF feature not installed  (Read 6851 times)

Paul

The OnDemand PDF feature not installed
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:45:40 PM »
Hi!
I am upgrading to CMOD 8.5.0.6 with an Oracle 11gR2 database on AIX 6.1.  I have successfully brought up the application, ARD files are loading but I get an error message for PDF files:
"The OnDemand PDF feature has not been installed.  Please ensure that the feature has been purchased and properly installed.
arsload: 04/03/13 15:29:22 Indexing failed"

Has anyone seen this error?  We were able to load PDF files before.

Paul

Re: The OnDemand PDF feature not installed
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 01:49:47 PM »
Apparently in CMOD 8.5, you need to download and install the PDF indexing feature.  Part number CZM2GML.

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
    • SYSBLOX , AIX consultancy
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 01:58:28 PM »
Hi Paul,

you are right. Ran into the same problem while upgrade to 8.5.0.6. Installed the pdf fileset and now its working without any problems.

Regards,

Michel.

Paul

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 02:34:52 PM »
Glad to hear that, Michel!  Thank you for responding!

Paul

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »
So far so good.  We will check back tomorrow and ensure everything is working as designed and expected.

-Paul

Paul

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 04:08:48 PM »
We are running fine in both our test and production environments.  So far, 8.5.0.6 has not had any issues for us.  The biggest 'gotchas' were permissions on the Oracle database for the OD_Instance_Owner and then making sure the database and listener were stopped when I installed the application 8.5.0.0 and its fixpack 8.5.0.6.

The installation script will display 'Congratulations' or 'Installed but with errors, see log.'  When it displayed 'installed but with errors', it usually did not install the current arsoracle file and then we stopped both the db and listener and uninstalled and reinstalled 8.5.0.0 successfully and of course then fixpacked successfully also.

Oracle also has a link record to a timetable issue.

Make sure that the account you use to install the app has the proper database references in its profile, if you have any references at all; such as HOME / SID / LIBPATH.

kbsiva

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »
Paul,
   I had a similar error but I did not have to shutdown my oracle listener. I just start by shutting down all the applications using CMoD for example WEBi, any custom web programs and then finally arssockd. The next step was to run slibclean command on aix.   The only time I had seen this issue occur was if there was some application holding on to the library.
I am glad it worked for you wanted to give my two cents,

Thanks
Siva

Paul

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 09:15:31 AM »
Thank you SIVA. I did end up running the SLIBCLEAN as well at another time.  As far as I could tell, there were no CMOD processes running when I shutdown the application but, maybe I missed something.  :)

-Paul

Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 07:42:02 AM »
We are running fine in both our test and production environments.  So far, 8.5.0.6 has not had any issues for us.  The biggest 'gotchas' were permissions on the Oracle database for the OD_Instance_Owner and then making sure the database and listener were stopped when I installed the application 8.5.0.0 and its fixpack 8.5.0.6.

The installation script will display 'Congratulations' or 'Installed but with errors, see log.'  When it displayed 'installed but with errors', it usually did not install the current arsoracle file and then we stopped both the db and listener and uninstalled and reinstalled 8.5.0.0 successfully and of course then fixpacked successfully also.

Oracle also has a link record to a timetable issue.

Make sure that the account you use to install the app has the proper database references in its profile, if you have any references at all; such as HOME / SID / LIBPATH.

A bit later than I'm sure is helpful, but I just recently installed 8.5.0.6 at my company and we found out about a defect regarding size limitations for PDF's when the patch notes for FP7 came out a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if your client/company indexes/loads large PDFs, but I believe there's a hot fix for FP6 regarding this and it's supposed to be resolved in FP7 now.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 08:41:44 AM »
Yeah, there were a few PDF fixes is 8.5.0.7...  Here are all the APARs fixed in 8.5.0.7:

2.2.8.5.0.7) Release (8.5.0.7)
      PM73809 - HIGH CPU IN ARSSOCKD         
      PM74182 - PDF IDX MASK w/"%" can't find FIELD w/trailing blanks
      PM74607 - ARSTBLSP cores if SYS LOG has STG SET NODE defined             
      PM75135 - PreprocessParm date format is not honored             
      PM75155 - Server DEADLOCK causes intermittent CMOD Server hangs         
      PM75386 - PDF library fails writing temporary files to memory         
      PM77392 - RD Dist with '.' in UserID do not get RD attachment             
      PM78007 - Trigger not found when multi-word trigger is used             
      PM78729 - ARSLOAD cores with Xenos-index AFP file       
      PM79323 - Invalid X'0D0D0A' delimiter causes RD to core             
      PM79433 - CFSOD insert SAVED_HIT_FIELD_NULL_CHR into docid             
      PM80684 - ARSMAINT can leave empty directories in CACHE filesystem       
      PM80694 - RD date causes SECURITY WARNING on encrypted e-mail             
      PM81074 - ARSDD fails to load any data       
      PM81498 - Multiword TRIGGER with colon ':' fails             
      PM81613 - Query AG with Turkish 'i' in DB Field can fails         
      PM82604 - Low TSM sessions & ARSDOC GET BULK may cause crash       
      PM82660 - ALLOW ARSLOAD TO USE NATIVE UPPER/LOWER CASING FUNCTIONS           
      PM83664 - Verify TRIGGER=BASE works with # sign             
      PM83904 - Loading annotations with generic index fails       
      PM84059 - Cannot delete dbValue string longer than 60 characters             
      PM84096 - DF Load Report doesn't handle TZ segment date             
      PM84097 - TSM Connection Pooling fails when duplicate node ids exist       
      PM85146 - SIGSEGV when running ARSOBJD in OnDemand         
      PM85310 - Incorrect filename in SYS LOG msg 88 when +1 loads fail       
      PM85365 - ARSDB -I <Ins> -MV causes SQLCODE: -2218 w/DB2 V10.1       
      PM86206 - ENHANCE LARGE OBJECT LINE COUNT PROCESSING           
      PM86531 - Enable PDF lib initialization options to prevent repeating             
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR