Author Topic: viewing tiff files  (Read 5800 times)

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
    • SYSBLOX , AIX consultancy
viewing tiff files
« on: April 11, 2013, 10:20:07 PM »
Hi All

After upgrading to cmod client version 8.5.0.1 , retrieving tiff files opens the microsoft office document imaging viewer instead of the ondemand embedded tiff viewer. My endusers like the embedded viewer, so how can i change this back?

Thx

Kind regards,

Michel.

demaya

Re: viewing tiff files
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 11:57:22 PM »
Hi!

What is the setup for data type in the "view information"-tab of the regarding application?

If its 'user defined: tiff' it should open the mimetype'd application. If it's 'tiff' it should open the embedded viewer.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 12:10:01 AM »
thx for the info!

Application is defined as user defined with file type TIFF so will be using the mimetype'd application, in my case microsoft office document imaging viewer

So the only way to get the embedded viewer is to have the application defined as TIFF?

regards,

Michel.

demaya

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 12:13:05 AM »
So far I know not.

Maybe if you can call the viewer component explicitely and turn this one as mimetype'd standard application... but how? I don't know!

Michel de Kraker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 12:22:12 AM »
Ok thx.

edited

Changed the application from userdefined into tiff, and now it is using the embedded viewer.
Thx once again.

Gr. Michel.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:25:22 AM by Michel de Kraker »

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 04:22:17 AM »
Just my 2 cents for this "old" topic.

If you want to use your own viewer (not integrated), then you need to use the "User Define Type" and choose an extension for your mime type.
If you want to use the integrated viewer of the CMOD client, then you need to choose of the integrated Data Type choice (PDF, AFP, Line, TIFF, ...) but NOT the User Define choice.

Why it did work on 8.4 and not on 8.5 for you... I don't know, maybe an old bug that was corrected in 8.5 ??  don't know, just speculation !! :-D

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML