Author Topic: Error Message 107 in the arssock.err file  (Read 5121 times)

Trambak

Error Message 107 in the arssock.err file
« on: May 23, 2013, 06:38:46 AM »
All
  I am seeing the following error meassage in the arssock.err file. Deos anybody know what this error mean?

Sun Apr 21 21:16:55 2013: OnDemand(3520) -> shutdown errno = 107 rc = -1

Thanks.

jeffs42885

Re: Error Message 107 in the arssock.err file
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 07:23:55 AM »
Here is a random question for you- What version of AIX are you on (If thats's what you are using)

We weren't seeing 107, but we were seeing 1710, 1107, 651..which led us to a memory leak issue with xenos but anyways..

I believe that there is an APAR for this but im not 100% sure. What I usually do in this case is I will open a usage PMR with IBM and simply ask them a question. 9 times out of 10 they link me to some kind of documentation but I will usually pickup the phone and chat to my support rep for a bit more information :)

Trambak

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:46:29 AM »
We are getting in touch with IBM. However I wanted to check if anyone faced the same issue? We are using AIX 6.1 for our library server. But the error file was generated on our the server where ODWEK is installed which is Linux.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 07:23:55 AM »
On Linux, 107 is a 'socket not connected' error.  Not sure what this means for you, but it's a direction to look in.  Good luck, and report back with more info when you get it!

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

pankaj.puranik

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 10:53:45 PM »
Hey there!
I got this same error message in arssock.err.

Tue Aug  4 10:12:15 2015: OnDemand(3671) -> shutdown errno = 107 rc = -1
Tue Aug  4 11:11:55 2015: OnDemand(3671) -> shutdown errno = 107 rc = -1

We raised a PMR with IBM. Yet to hear on this.
We are on Linux with CMOD Version 9.0

Not sure if a solution was found as part of earlier posts.

Cheers
Pankaj.

pankaj.puranik

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 02:25:09 AM »
Our production support team was able to replicate the issue in a lower environment.
The way it was replicated was using a 'like' operator for a date field.
This immediately caused the SIT server to go down.

I am not really very convinced that this caused the issue but at this point this is how it looks.

Maciej Mieczakowski

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 04:30:07 AM »
I bet you have checked that, but it's worth to add that the explanation of errno value, which might provide additional information, resides in /usr/include/sys/errno.h on UNIX systems  :)

pankaj.puranik

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 12:33:42 AM »
No I didn't check :)
Let me do that now.

Thanks
Pankaj.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 02:20:54 AM »
Just as a reminder, it's always a good idea to include your platform and version numbers for all your software (OS/CMOD/Database/TSM/Client/ODWEK/Webserver) -- help us help you!

The socket-not-connected error is networking related.  It could be that the network connection hasn't been fully established, or that it was suddenly dropped due to a network problem.  Of course, that sudden network problem could be caused by the server dying due to an internal error. 
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

pankaj.puranik

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 04:37:36 AM »
Agree JD.
We were able to recreate this issue in other servers also.

How this happened was, someone defined an AG with a date field that had a 'LIKE' operator.
As soon as we fired the serach with the like operator on the date field, the server came down.
So now we know the root cause.

But the question is, how was someone able to add a Like operator to a field that was defined as a Date field?
If you select a filed to have type as Date, the 'LIKE' operator is automatically greyed out.

The only way that I could think of is creating a Folder using the ARSXML.

Any comments?

Cheers
Pankaj.

Maciej Mieczakowski

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 04:54:03 AM »
It might be the issue you might never find the answer :) I had quite similar issue once I was updating (manually not using arsxml) an application group with some string indexes. When I confirmed the small changes which was making one field as updateable system set it also as CFS-OD, which was not my intention and is not possible to do normally. As the result no data has been loading. It took me few hours till I noticed that and had to correct it directly in DB, as there was no option to unset that CFS-OD from admin client, as it's greyed out for string data fields.

I did not registered PMR for this and had never faced the same issue. So I explained it to myself that there had to be some sort of issues with network or some bug very hard to repeat.