Author Topic: Disabling LDAP outside of the admin client?  (Read 3095 times)

Shannan

Disabling LDAP outside of the admin client?
« on: May 28, 2013, 05:41:54 PM »
I am still trying to get the LDAP authentication to work for us and am getting closer with some help from our LDAP support people, but now I can't get back into the OD admin client (won't validate my id's) - is there anyway to disable the LDAP authentication outside of the admin client? (feel like I locked my keys in the car).  :)

demaya

Re: Disabling LDAP outside of the admin client?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 03:10:59 AM »
Remove the LDAP Options from the config and restart OD!?

Shannan

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 04:08:50 AM »
So I would remove all of the ldap config from the registry (Windows)?  I was looking for the equivalent to what is set when I check the enable LDAP box in the sys admin client....thanks for the help.  Previously I had left my sys admin client active during testing and hadn't had any issues turning it off and on as needed for testing.

Shannan

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 08:04:24 AM »
removed the ldap cfg registry entries for OD but OD still won't let any ids logon.  Ideas? 

Shannan

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 08:48:05 AM »
figured it out - the admin id is not in our ldap, but because we have case sensitive passwords with ldap I enabled that when enabling ldap authentication....realized that OD stored the password as uppercase despite us having set and always entered upper/lower case.... 

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 01:35:55 AM »
Hello Shannan,

A good practice is to put the password as case sensitive in CMOD (option in the settings of the CMOD Instance in the CMOD Admin client).
Because most of the time LDAP needs to keep lower/upper case password, which could break the authentication with LDAP.
CMOD by default store everything in uppercase, and then do a insensitive comparison. And ADMIN is the only user that don't use LDAP, it bypass it (it is hard coded in CMOD).

With CMOD 9.0, you define other users (there is a limit on how many users, but don't remember yet) that bypass LDAP, in case you have some LDAP problems, and need to administer CMOD.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML