Author Topic: How to convert .daf to .apf  (Read 5109 times)

kasim

How to convert .daf to .apf
« on: July 10, 2013, 11:34:41 PM »
Hi

Can anyone please tell me how to convert .daf file to .apf

IBM provides some pre-converted files like

000000BP.DAF.u_F0000000001.AFP

but i have only .daf
000000BP.DAF

i want to convert this file to .afp and load to cmod
please help

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to convert .daf to .apf
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 12:49:47 AM »
Hello Kasim,

I have never heard of the file format .daf.
The only definition of a daf file was a music file format... so I think this is not what you are talking about!! :-) It is probably a text format!

I have no idea how to convert it to AFP.

Since you have IBM people that did the conversion for you. Would it be possible to ask them how they perform this conversion?
And if you could then tell us what is this daf format, and how to convert it, then it will help maybe someone else in the future!

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

kasim

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 01:53:27 AM »
Hi Alessandro

thanks for reply

this format is used by Mobius ECM.

thanks
Kasim

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 02:50:03 AM »
this format is used by Mobius ECM.

Hello kasim,

Well after googling quickly, I found that: http://www.xenos.com/xe/solutions/ecm-migration/features-&-benefits/

In this page we see the following quote:

Migrated 80 Terabytes from five instances of Mobius to IBM Content Manager OnDemand (CMOD)

Which means that you probably can convert DAF files to AFP using the XENOS transform tools from the company XENOS.
Meaning also that either you have the product, and you need to know how to use (never used it... so cannot help you on that topic)
Or you don't have the product, then you must contact Xenos to know what you could do.

If both solution are unavailable to you... since I've no knowledge of this DAF format, is to go back to the IBM people who performed the conversion and simply ask them.

Sorry not to be able to help you more than that.

I hope that some other people in the forum have some experience with this daf format... and will join the thread to answer you.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

pankaj.puranik

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:04:54 AM »
I have worked on Xenos tranform but didn't use DAF   format.
Let me dig more and see if Xenos supports it.