Author Topic: Automated process to create generic index for Excel file and load report  (Read 3238 times)

dstrong

• View Profile
Hi all,

We received a request to start loading Excel files into OnDemand, and I've successfully loaded some test reports with a generic indexer. Now I just need to figure out how to automate a process to create the indexer and load the report into OnDemand when the report land in a specific folder on our AIX server. The generic indexer would need to parse the report name for the department ID(ex., pull 2140 from INCOME_STATEMENT_2140.XLSX). Any suggestions or examples on how to set this up? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
We do similar stuff.
In our case we wrote either a java program or a shell script to generate the IND and calles arsload from the script.

dstrong

• View Profile
A shell script is the way I was thinking we's want to go. So are you parsing the report name for the index data?

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
In our case we receive a separate file with the metadata from the source systems.
But in your case you can easily extract the metadata from the file name using shell script.