Author Topic: Pdf-reader for Ondemand  (Read 4222 times)

zeus1996

• View Profile
Pdf-reader for Ondemand
« on: September 30, 2013, 11:25:10 PM »
Hello everyone !

Is it really so that Ondemand client (version 9.0) needs adobe standard for pdf reading.
According to this http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21046703
it truly does.
I tried it quickly with new adobe reader and it does not work
Or does anyone know other pdf readers which are free and opperate with od better.

T:Zeus

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Pdf-reader for Ondemand
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 05:44:32 AM »
Hello zeus1996,

I'm not sure to understand your statement... it was always like that... since at least CMOD V2.X

If you define an application with data Type "PDF", then in order to view it in the CMOD Windows Client, then you MUST have the acrobat standard version. BUT in WEBi or ICN, then you can simply use the Acrobat Reader without problem.
If you define an application with data Type "user defined" .PDF, then you just need Acrobat Reader for every client (windows, ICN, WEBi, ...) The integration of PDF in the windows client will not be the same as the acrobat standard.

If you don't want to have acrobat standard, then you need to make sure that all your application are using the latter choice (user defined .pdf).

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

zeus1996

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 10:10:45 PM »
Yes thanks, no mention to be rude, just struggling with citrix-environment (client installed), have web-userinterface too which is the main use source.
Have already about 300 applications with data type pdf, so changing those is not really attempting and anyway for so many users as we have, its better to use "pdf" data type.
Anyway sunny day  :)

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 05:45:29 AM »
Hello zeus1996,

I'm really sorry to have given you the impression of rudeness... that was really not my goal.

I was trying to understand your question, and I've given you all the possibility from CMOD to display PDF with and without Acrobat Standard version.

I hope that my answer helped you :-)

so if you want to use acrobat reader AND the windows client, then you must use the "user define data type: .pdf"
for web client, then it doesn't matter!

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 11:44:55 AM »
This is exactly what we do in our project too..!!

jeffs42885

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 06:32:47 PM »
We are on version 8.5.0.6 and I was not able to Index PDF's or view them via the thick client until I installed Acrobat Standard X on my machine.

pankaj.puranik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 10:45:37 AM »
Ok if you are talking about using the graphical indexer to generate the indexing parameters, then yes you will need acrobat.
But once the document is loaded and the configuration is set as mentioned in earlier posts, anyone else who doesnot have acrobat would still be able to open the pdf with adobe reader.