Author Topic: Error retrieving line data file  (Read 2945 times)

jeffs42885

Error retrieving line data file
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:38:11 PM »
I have a weird issue happening with one of my line data reports. (8.5.0.6 odwek, 8.5.0.6 cmod, aix, tsm, db2..)

The business user is trying to pull up a line data file, I believe it is generated from OMNI. I can open the report in the thick client, I can open the report using the OnDemand indexer in the Admin tool and it looks fine. The file loads with no error.

When trying to use the OnDemand thin client, the line data applet starts, and the document is blank. I tried it on my machine, a virtual machine, and another coworkers machine and it still happens. Other reports similar in nature are having the same issue. This is a weird one, I've never seen it before. I don't think its bad data, because it only happens with this report.

My next step--just as a POC--is to recreate the application. Has anyone else seen this?

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Error retrieving line data file
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 07:29:50 AM »
Hello Jeffs,

to be honest, nope.

Maybe it would be good, if this document is not confidential, or maybe try to make it "anonymized" and check if after the anonymization it is still "problematic" :-)
if you still have a problem, then opening a PMR would be probably the best way to correct the thin client.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

jeffs42885

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 12:21:07 PM »
Allesandro- Where do I check this.

jeffs42885

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 05:46:38 PM »
I tried the following

Recreating from scratch
Deleting from QA, exporting from development (BUT it still happens in development)

Strange thing is that it works via the OnDemand thick client. just not through the out of the box thin client.  I think I may open a PMR.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 03:17:58 AM »
I tried the following

Recreating from scratch
Deleting from QA, exporting from development (BUT it still happens in development)

Strange thing is that it works via the OnDemand thick client. just not through the out of the box thin client.  I think I may open a PMR.

Hello Jeffs,

yes I think that opening a PMR would help here... I have no other idea what else to do in your specific case...

Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML