Author Topic: OnDemand Client Stopped Working during logon to Z/OS  (Read 3137 times)

ojoerge1

OnDemand Client Stopped Working during logon to Z/OS
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:58:12 AM »
Hi
I have 5 connections to z/OS lpars running OnDemand. 4 of these connction works very fine, no problems in loggin on or using the clients. The fifth connection, i  just cant get connected, a collegues is ok. Same settings, same internal auths, but just wont logon to this system. I get the "Logon to Server", but after user and pw, the client says: "IBM Content Manager OnDemand has stopped working. A problem caused the program to work correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
I do have re-installed the OnDemand several times, also tried the repair, but somewhere, I think at the windows platform, there is a problem.  Server info has been deleted and re-typed properly. - Any ideas from this group to help me ?
Regs ole

Greg Ira

• View Profile
Re: OnDemand Client Stopped Working during logon to Z/OS
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:51:42 AM »
A couple questions.
  How are you authenticating?  LDAP or CMOD security?
  Do you see the connection attempt in the CMOD log?
  Do you see any error messages in the z/OS logs during the connection attempt?  BPX**, DSN** or otherwise?

Ed_Arnold

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:26:08 AM »
First thing I wonder if somehow a firewall is in the way.

You can ping, right?

On the z/OS side, have you reserved a port?  If you do a TSO NETSTAT you can see the reserved port?

| ah, open re-read I see you said this "a collegues is ok. "  still might be a firewall issue though unlikely.

Ed Arnold
#zOS #ODF

ojoerge1

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 12:12:03 AM »
No msgs in z/OS nor in CMOD anywhere. I am logging on using the z/OS racf userid, and no msgs anywhere, that we can find at all. There is no msgs in the z/OS syslog, neither in the http task, nor in any USS files that we could find. We cant see any differences in my collegue and my setup. Even deleted my userid in CMOD and copied his for my new. Ping from my pc works fine. Http task port is ok.
The only issue I can think of is, that somewhere in the PC work/temp files, there must be some data file, not being deleted when the OnDemand Clients are deleted and reinstalled again. My Windows is an ordinary (!) Win 7 Pro installation.
I wonder a bit,when doing the re-installation of the client, where is the existing server definitions kept ?  I do not have to re-define the servers after an uninstall / install ?
Regs Ole

Greg Ira

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »
Server settings can be foudn in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IBM\OnDemand32\Common