Author Topic: Changes to arswww.ini file  (Read 3474 times)

fnb4321

• View Profile
Changes to arswww.ini file
« on: December 06, 2013, 05:32:06 PM »
  I need to make changes to arswww.ini file

After I make the change do I have to recycle the odwek server or arssockd to pick up the change ?

javed.khan

• View Profile
Re: Changes to arswww.ini file
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 04:34:56 AM »
Can you share the version of the ODWEK API you are using? This is because the recent versions do not use arswww.ini for configuration but it uses ODConfig class instead.

Though if you are using the ODWEk version that reads from arswww.ini then you will have to restart the app server on which your Web Application that usese ODWEK API is running on.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Changes to arswww.ini file
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 12:04:48 AM »
  I need to make changes to arswww.ini file

After I make the change do I have to recycle the odwek server or arssockd to pick up the change ?

You should never restart Arssockd after changing arswww.ini.

otherwise, yes you should restart your odwek server.

As javed.khan said, the only applications that still use arswww.ini are "ODWEK CGI" and "ODWEK Servlet". All other ODWEK Server are not using it anymore (WEBi or IBM Content Navigator for example).
Or maybe a custom code that use it.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML