Author Topic: How to remove LDAP?  (Read 3245 times)

abdeshpa

How to remove LDAP?
« on: February 10, 2014, 03:27:05 AM »
Hi,

I have created a local server and was able to login with the admin user id intially.
But, after enabling the LDAP i am not able to login with the admin as user id.
What can be done for this??
Please help.

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove LDAP?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 06:44:15 AM »
Hello,

I'm not sure to understand what you mean?

For me "local server" means that you created with the CMOD Windows Admin Client a local server in your workstation (by choosing local for the protocol while setting up a new connection).

I've just tested it, and done exactly what you've done, and I cannot log on too... And I would say... that this is normal, unfortunately.
This "local server" is meant to send a copy of the structure to IBM support, or to help you to transfer CMOD data model structure from one server to another which doesn't have direct network connections. So you can copy the structure to a USB key for example, and give it to someone else.

Unfortunately you can also set up some server parameter, like LDAP, and this is unfortunate.

I would say in that case, just don't do it.

If you want to reverse the change, you need to modify the following file:

table\system.tbl

and change the value SYS_MASK by clearing the bit 2 (which is at 1, and need to be put to 0)
So if you have the value 4, then you need to have 0

Then you can retry to open the local server again.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

abdeshpa

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 01:57:01 AM »
Hello!

Yes, you understood exactly what i was trying to do.
Thanks a lot for your help. I have disabled the LDAP as you told and now am able to login normally.

This user group is really helpful and am learning new things out of it. great!!!

Thanks

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 09:10:43 AM »
Hello!

Yes, you understood exactly what i was trying to do.
Thanks a lot for your help. I have disabled the LDAP as you told and now am able to login normally.

This user group is really helpful and am learning new things out of it. great!!!

Thanks

You're welcome :-) we are trying as hard as we can... and sometimes it works, and sometimes not!

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML