Author Topic: What determines storage pool data flow in CMOD?  (Read 2251 times)

rstockton

What determines storage pool data flow in CMOD?
« on: February 10, 2014, 10:36:03 AM »
How does CMOD determine the data path to storage pools to write data to?  Currently we are setup to write to Tier1 and Tier2 then archive to Tier3, and when we write data not using cache it writes directly to Tier3.  We want to add a new storagepool (Tier4pool) replacing the tier3pool and I would assume there is a setup option that tells CMOD where to send the data to in TSM and also tells CMOD the path for retrievals. 

I know I will have to change the Next Storage pool in Tier2pool from tier3pool to tier4pool for archiveal. What else needs to be changed so CMOD knows that tier4pool exists and is replacing tier3pool?

Thanks,

Russell

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What determines storage pool data flow in CMOD?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 06:00:57 AM »
Hello Russell,

in fact no, you don't tell anything to CMOD. All these configurations are done in TSM itself.

You could have X tiers, with y copies with all the next pool complexity that you might want.... CMOD doesn't care at all.

CMOD just need the storage node entry, and be able to communicate with TSM... and ask:

• I want this file...
  • I archive this file...
  • I delete this file...

That's it.

Then it's the task of TSM to know what "this file" means, where it is located, and do the sync with all the tier/next/copy/... you've created.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML