Author Topic: AFP2PDF  (Read 3942 times)

kasim

AFP2PDF
« on: February 12, 2014, 05:43:56 AM »
How to use AFP2PDF?

will it work only in WEBi or i can use this in CMOD desktop client and ICN also?

detailed steps appreciated for configuration and installation

Alessandro Perucchi

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: AFP2PDF
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:09:15 AM »
Hello Kasim,

you can use it in ICN "out of the box", just go to the admin desktop, and you'll see in the CMOD repository all the information needed.

For CMOD Desktop Client, at my knowledge, there are no "out of the box" usage.

You can use it with the ODWEK Java API, if you do Java programming and the generic transformation framework.

What do you want to do exactly?

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro
Alessandro Perucchi

#Install #Migrations #Conversion #Educate #Repair #Upgrade #Migrate #Enhance #Optimize #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #Windows #Oracle #TSM #Tivoli #Performance #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR #JavaApi #ContentNavigator #ICN #WEBi #ODWEK #Services #PDF #AFP #XML

jeffs42885

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:12:09 AM »
Hello Kasim,

you can use it in ICN "out of the box", just go to the admin desktop, and you'll see in the CMOD repository all the information needed.

For CMOD Desktop Client, at my knowledge, there are no "out of the box" usage.

You can use it with the ODWEK Java API, if you do Java programming and the generic transformation framework.

What do you want to do exactly?

Sincerely yours,
Alessandro

I have also seen this done on the back end-

files converted from AFP-PDF and indexed using AFP Visual Indexer (ricoh) and the generic index file, pdf, trigger file sent to OD and loaded with generic indexing.

kasim

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:26:08 PM »
i have configured afp2pdf conversion with ICN as per documentation. But still m not able to see afp doc as pdf. "preview and download as pdf option" are disabled.

dakun

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 01:07:45 PM »
I have a similar question. The email function was working in WEBI to attached converted AFP file as PDF and mail out.
After upgrade to ICN, it wasn't working. Still figuring out how to make AFP2PDF transform work in Email function.

kasim

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 01:44:59 AM »
anybody got the idea .