Author Topic: Error installing Thick Client on desktop  (Read 2945 times)

fnb4321

Error installing Thick Client on desktop
« on: February 20, 2014, 10:19:30 AM »
  I have run into an issue where I attempted to upgrade a users thick client install of admin/client from 8.4.1.6 to 8.5.0.7

Used the cd and went through the setup wizard and was successful but now user gets message that unable to connect even though all the server information was correct.

I tried removing and doing a reinstall, tried modify, and repair and still get the same error.  Last time also got a message stating GSGoKit was not installed.

Any ideas on how to resolve this ?

jeffs42885

Re: Error installing Thick Client on desktop
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:04:19 AM »
  I have run into an issue where I attempted to upgrade a users thick client install of admin/client from 8.4.1.6 to 8.5.0.7

Used the cd and went through the setup wizard and was successful but now user gets message that unable to connect even though all the server information was correct.

I tried removing and doing a reinstall, tried modify, and repair and still get the same error.  Last time also got a message stating GSGoKit was not installed.

Any ideas on how to resolve this ?

DId you install the gskit for 8.5.0.* on your od servers?

fnb4321

Re: Error installing Thick Client on desktop
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 02:30:00 PM »
  Just thought I would update what the fix was in case anyone else runs into this.

I had to run th GSkit installer selecting the repair option.

The white paper below indicates it is known issue with Windows 7 but we experienced it on Windows XP SP3
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21646814