Author Topic: Refresh/restart ARSLOAD  (Read 2836 times)

Smitty

Refresh/restart ARSLOAD
« on: March 25, 2014, 07:51:22 AM »
I want to add the "-n" parameter to one of our ARSLOAD programs. Is there a way to refresh/restart the ARSLOAD without restarting CMOD or the server? I was thinking I could kill the PID associated with the ARSLOAD and then start it back up using the command below?

/usr/lpp/ars/bin/arsload -A JOBNAME -G FORMS -c /arsacif/acif1 -d /arsacif/acif5 -n -t 60 -v

Thanks.

jeffs42885

Re: Refresh/restart ARSLOAD
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 08:25:37 AM »
in my experience, ive never had to restart arssockd/arsobjd to modify an arsload command.

Smitty

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:28:28 AM »
How would I get the -n parameter active with out running the arsload command?

jeffs42885

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 10:43:57 AM »
Restarting ARSLOAD should not require restarting the CMOD server, I've had to restart it plenty of times and a basic kill -9 on the process ID killed it, and then I would make my changes to the startup script (add a daemon, change a flag..etc..) and restart.

Smitty

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 12:37:02 PM »
Restarting ARSLOAD should not require restarting the CMOD server, I've had to restart it plenty of times and a basic kill -9 on the process ID killed it, and then I would make my changes to the startup script (add a daemon, change a flag..etc..) and restart.

What I was thinking of doing. Just wanted to see if there were other/better ways.

Thanks.