Author Topic: Report Indexing / Field Mapping between two application groups.  (Read 2968 times)

jeffs42885

Hello all,

I am working on a new application group requirement that has one of the requirements listed out as picking up a 6 digit date (Y%, m%) and converting it to something searchable. I dont have the details right now in front of me but one thing I was concerned with, is if when the user looks for the report, it will not come up because it is expecting a report. I also error out when creating the folder fields, as one is date for the first app group the second is the type. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to use both. Should I consider just loading both as a 6 digit string..?   the sample killed the indexer on me when it would pick up something like this:

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff

pankaj.puranik

Re: Report Indexing / Field Mapping between two application groups.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:47:35 AM »
Jeff

I am not able to understand the requirement.
But if you are trying to store a date as %Y, %m, you can easily do that.

See the attachments for screenshots.

jeffs42885

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 12:02:52 PM »
The issue is that sometimes the sending system generates a date of 000000 which in their eyes is okay. (I know, garbage in, garbage out).

i was wondering if there was any way to make this work while keeping the field set to a date, I was able to make it work by changing to a string but i lose the ability to search between a date range.

ewirtz

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 10:59:26 PM »
Hi Jeff,

you can change such wrong values to a special date (p.e. lowest or highest possible date) by using an index exit. So you will always have a valid date expression.

regards

egon

LWagner

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 06:56:08 AM »
The load date is also available to search, but why not require the creating system to be consistent, and not allow all 0's to be used ?