Author Topic: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/edms/od/ArsSVTInterface  (Read 4452 times)

kbsiva

Hello,
  I am trying to deploy a servlet package to the oracle weblogic and I am getting this error.  I have set my classpath,path,libpath,ld_lib_path to use /usr/lpp/ars/www and also copied the ArsWWWServlet.jar to the lib file. Can any one tell me what's wrong?  Also is there a sample web.xml file that I can probably see just to compare if my deployment descriptor is wrong?

weblogic.application.ModuleException: [HTTP:101216]Servlet: "ArsWWWServlet" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "/xxx_hello".
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/edms/od/ArsSVTInterface

caused By: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/edms/od/ArsSVTInterface
        at com.ibm.edms.od.ArsWWWServlet.init(ArsWWWServlet.java:185)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletInitAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:283)
        at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
        at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)

Thanks,
Siva

Frederick Tybalt

• View Profile
    • Personal Website
Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/edms/od/ArsSVTInterface
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 12:59:09 AM »
Looks like ODApi.jar is not in classpath
rIcK
======------------------======
www.rick.co.in | www.tekbytz.com

kbsiva

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 08:32:06 AM »
The ODAPI.jar is in classpath. For some reason com.ibm.edms.od.ArsSVTInterface is not getting picked up even though I have set the directory in classpath.  The exact error I am now getting is ArswwwServlet failed to preload on startup java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError com.ibm.edms.od.ArsSVTInterface
caused by java.lang.UnsatisifedLinkError : aswwwwsl32 in java.library.path. I have set the LIBPATH=/usr/lpp/ars/www and restarted multiple times.

Thanks,
Siva

kbsiva

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 06:57:23 AM »
So in weblogic oracle , setting the class path did not help since it is not picking up this class (ArsSVTInterface). I had to package in to a jar file and then it got picked up but now I am facing this error

Servlet: "ArsWWWServlet" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "ODWEKweb".
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: arswwwsl32 (    0509-022 Cannot load module /usr/lpp/ars/www/libarswwwsl32.a.
        0509-026 System error: Cannot run a file that does not have a valid format.)

I am guessing this to be a problem  between 64 bit/32 bit. Our installation of oracle weblogic is 64 bit and it's trying to load a 32 bit? Just a theory, I  have a PMR open. Any one else faced issues like this? ODWEK version is 8506.

Thanks,
Siva

kbsiva

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 04:37:46 PM »
The final update from support is ArsWWWServlet class is getting deprecated with version 9.0 hence to use newer classes. Also the library is 32 bit so it will not work with 64 bit app server/jvm.

http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ca&infotype=an&appname=iSource&supplier=897&letternum=ENUS212-273

Thanks,
Siva