Author Topic: want to remove duplicates files 3 of 4 in an application group  (Read 4111 times)

rajesh

Hi,

In one application group by files are loaded on June 5th 2014 but they have loaded in 4 duplicate copies when i try to delete i am little bit confused because first 2 files having same Partial load id and Second 2 have same partial id.

In 4 files i want to keep one file and remove rest of them.

kIndly help me

thanks in advance and appricate the prior response.

kasim

Re: want to remove duplicates files 3 of 4 in an application group
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 05:30:49 AM »
Hi Rajesh

You can use arsadmin command. You have to pass load id here. So you can give three load ids one by one which you want to delete.

arsadmin unload -u <user> -p <pass> -h <host> -g <app_group>  -L <load_id>

OR you can use System Load application . Search your application group there and find the load id you want to delete and Right click- Unload.

rajesh

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 06:08:30 AM »
Thank you for your reply kasim,

Problem is here for two files having load id as 17780-1-0-372785FAA and rest of two having load id as 17780-1-0-372784FAA,

If i use arsadmin unload command then it will remove all the files related to 17780-1-0-372784FAA and 17780-1-0-372785FAA then all files will be out.

kindly suggest

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 01:22:14 PM »
Check out arsdoc delete.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

rajesh

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 01:00:27 AM »
Hi JD,

As per  your suggestion i have gone through the command but when i try to delete command with Load id it will delete the total files rather than keeping 1 file below is the sample command.
arsdoc delete -h servername -f DS2CAS -v -i "where company = '6246' and LoadId='17780-1-0-372785FAA'" -S 5/1/14,5/31/14 -v

If i use this command then it will delete the all files with load id given but i want to keep one file from 4 files rest of 3 need to be deleted
Suggest me in the command is there any chance to mention the count of files need to be deleted in duplicates if so.
Kindly confirm and provide me the command.

Attached the image For Information.

Frederick Tybalt

• View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 01:36:15 AM »
Could you check if you have 87 messages 2 times or 4 times in system log?

If it is 2 times, then the problem could be with the index parameters you have provided. In this case you will not be able to retain a unique entry. You need to remove the 2 loads and correct the indexing parameters and re-index/load the file.
rIcK
======------------------======
www.rick.co.in | www.tekbytz.com

rajesh

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 01:57:17 AM »
Hi,

In system 87 messages Out of 4 Files Two files having same load and rest of two files having same load id as stated in the above conversation.

But as per your comments only one day it worked like that rest of day i am able to see only single entry of files.

Kindly suggest
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 02:55:23 AM by rajesh »

Greg Ira

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 07:19:34 AM »
Sounds like you had duplicate data in the two loads or the indexing created two copies, is that correct?  If that is the case you aren't going to be able to get to only one copy.  You'll have to do a delete and reload of the data as Frederick suggested.

Frederick Tybalt

• View Profile
    • Personal Website
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 08:10:43 AM »
Compare the file and layout that comes regularly and that came on the day of exception, there could be some thing wired which would have caused the problem
rIcK
======------------------======
www.rick.co.in | www.tekbytz.com

jeffs42885

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 08:28:14 AM »
Ive seen that happen before. A file comes from whatever system, mainframe, documaker, exstream, and one day person xyz runs an invalid job and it causes all kinds of headaches.

rajesh

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 05:06:16 AM »
I have asked the user to generate a new copy of file with no dups and i have unloaded all the dups and reload the new batch file.

Is the solution i have tired.
Thanks a lot for every one who helped me in this issue

jeffs42885

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 05:23:23 AM »
Theres only so much cmod can do

I think a lot of the lines of business that use it think it is used to fix their junk data, ignore their invalid data, etc.

Sometimes it just takes pushing back to get good data. Currently dealing with that now.