Author Topic: APK449S INDEX FIELDS REFERENCE OUTSIDE OF THE RECORD, FIELD# number INPUT RECORD  (Read 3730 times)

itbos

I am getting the following error once in a while on a report:

APK449S INDEX FIELDS REFERENCE OUTSIDE OF THE RECORD, FIELD# number INPUT RECORD# number

I also found the following, not sure if it pertains to this:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21137649

My question thought is how do I find that INPUT RECORD#???? I have the original file that failed to be indexed and loaded, I'd like to see where the record is.

Thanks!

rick

ACIF could have caused this error when

1. When it is not able to locate the trigger
2. The Record format/length is incorrect

Please verify these details if you still have some issue, please go the the line number specified by INPUT RECORD# and verify if there are invalid chars in that record.

itbos

I did that but It does to a blank line.  That's why I am thinking that Reocrd # is some converted number?

Edit:  So actually as a test I went to the message record and it was a blank line, so I deleted it and the load went successfully, ideas?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:42:35 AM by itbos »

rick

Can you open the file in hex editor and find if there where any invalid char in that record? (No displayable chars may look like spaces)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:30:54 AM by Frederick Tybalt »

itbos

I tried using ultraedit and really don't se much.  Any other suggestions?

jw

If I am not mistaken, the record number means the ACIF try to create a row in db2 table (i.e. the index row) for the "record number ##".

I believe you need to find out what the index fields are and then look at the input file and try to index it yourself until the "record number".  It could be any where in the file.

Hope that "record number ##" is not a big number.

And I hope I explained it clear.

Good luck.