Author Topic: Slow Response using CMOD8.5 Viewer  (Read 3200 times)

DDP021

Slow Response using CMOD8.5 Viewer
« on: September 04, 2014, 04:42:59 AM »
We recently installed CMOD 8.5 Admin and Viewer clients on one of our Admins PC...It's a straight forward install...After installing, we launched the ADMIN client and then configured a new PROD SERVER...It opened fine and quickly..Was able to access all the App Groups, Apps, Folder and User definitions...The issue is, when we launch the viewer and point to the PROD SERVER, it goes into NOT RESPONDING..After almost a minute it will finally open up to the Folder Search...We can perform search and open up a folder (System log)..Able to search messages just fine...But when we go to close the folder, it again goes into a NOT RESPONDING before finally opening back to the search...Have NO idea why this is...As indicated, the ADMIN client works perfectly..And the Viewer is based on the server definition defined in the ADMIN client...Any thoughts on why this is occurring?...It must be noted that the two PC's this has occurred on were recently re-imaged (which is why the software needed to be reinstalled)...Others in the group who have the same software installed have no issues..Which leads us to believe its PC related....Just not sure where to look...Any input would appreciated!!!

Dave

jeffs42885

Re: Slow Response using CMOD8.5 Viewer
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 03:16:38 PM »
Specs of the PC? I had similar issues with the admin/thick client when running on a dual core with 2gb of ram, 32bit xp..

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 05:00:28 AM »
Yeah, it's weird that it can't be recreated elsewhere.  Take a closer look at the PC.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

DDP021

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 10:08:20 AM »
Here's what I found out...After doing a compare of what was installed on my PC to what was on my co-workers PC, I noticed the date and file size of the arsgui32.exe file for the VIEWER CLIENT were different (located under Program Files/IBM/OnDemand32 directory)..His had an older date and was smaller in size...With us all being in different areas we have the install software in different locations since we all can't access the same shared drives..Apparently he had an older install...They were both for version 8.5...In any event, all I did was copy my arsgui32.exe and overwrite his with mine..And once he launched it, the VIEWER CLIENT opened successfully and he was able to open things and move around without delay...