Author Topic: Caching Data - Retrieval Error  (Read 3475 times)

mani

Caching Data - Retrieval Error
« on: November 03, 2014, 02:30:52 AM »
Hi,

Hope someone can help me with this. I have an app group which uses TSM storage manager to archive the docs. However the Cache=yes and Cache Document data for 90 days is set (Expiration type = Load). We noticed that the arscache2 filesystem was full in our DEV server and hence I deleted some of the storage objects manually from /arscache2/ARCHIVE/16015/SL/DOC/2231FAA to clear up the space.

Later, I changed the Cache=No and loaded 5 files into it. (Expiration type = Load). However, I am not able to view both the old documents as well as the new one loaded (not pointing to cache). I am getting error " Server Failed while retreiving a document".

How do I get to access the old as well as recent documents? I havent run any arsmaint as of now. Any pointers or help is much appreciated.

Cheers
Mani

mani

Re: Caching Data - Retrieval Error
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 02:56:36 AM »
1 quick thing:

I am able to retrieve the document via arsdoc get but not via Thick client.

Justin Derrick

• IBM Content Manager OnDemand Consultant
  • Administrator
  • CMOD Guru for hire...
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Consulting
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 05:51:32 AM »
First things first -- don't delete files in CMOD.  It's an archive system -- you can't expect it to work properly when you delete files!

Use the arsmaint command to free up space by migrating data & trimming the cache filesystem -- make sure to review the documentation so you know what each of the options are doing.  (Ask questions if you don't!)

Finally, you didn't provide any error messages from the System Log -- the error messages there will explain where the error was, and you can investigate further (filesystem, TSM, etc.) to determine the root cause of the error you received in the client.  You can post any error messages you receive from the System Log or TSM for us to help out some more.

-JD.
IBM CMOD Professional Services: http://TenaciousConsulting.com
Call:  +1-866-533-7742  or  eMail:  jd@justinderrick.com
IBM CMOD Wiki:  https://CMOD.wiki/
FREE IBM CMOD Education & Webinars:  https://CMOD.Training/

Interests: #AIX #Linux #Multiplatforms #DB2 #TSM #SP #Performance #Security #Audits #Customizing #Availability #HA #DR

mani

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 06:23:47 AM »
Hi JD,

Sorry, I should have provided you with more information and My bad I deleted some of the objects.

here is the information from the System log:

106 Ondemand Failed unlink the file >/app/arstmp/filename.CPY<.The error number is 2 Svr -> servername<
PDF document/resource conversion error. See stored document for more information.
Unable to open file >/app/arstmp/filename.TMP< error number is 2.

Next Steps:

I ran the below arsmaint command

arsmaint -I <instance name> -sv
I could see the below in system log

SAMPLE ONE:
Unable to stat file >/app/arscache1/ARCHIVE/retr/SL/DOC/57FAA<.  The error number is 2  Srvr->servername<-

Pleasadvice

mani

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 06:30:22 AM »
we are on CMOD 8.4.6 with Db2 9.5 and TSM v5.5.4.3 on Sun Solrais 5.10

Cheers
Mani

kbsiva

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 10:23:25 AM »
Mani - Looks like it is looking for the directories which you deleted. Is there anyway you can restore the file system from backup? Then try to re-run it it will complete. As a general rule take a tar backup in some file system before deleting anything.

Siva

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:25:20 AM by kbsiva »

mani

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 09:03:26 AM »
Hi Siva,

If I remember, I deleted the system log objects only.I hope there are no resources associated with System log object. Will that have an impact as well?

Today, I deleted the app group and recreated it and loaded the file, but still I am not able to view in thick client.

however I can retrieve using arsdoc get and view on my desktop.

Cheers
Mani