Author Topic: ODWEK-JAVA API  (Read 3908 times)

satishkumar83

ODWEK-JAVA API
« on: December 15, 2014, 12:40:04 AM »
Hi,

Just wanted to know whether ODWEK communicates with OD SERVER through intermediate server.We are trying to set up a environment where ODWEK call should not directly hit the OD server instead  it should route via a intermediate server .We are using 8.5.0.8  as OD and ODWEK version .

kbsiva

Re: ODWEK-JAVA API
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 03:35:13 AM »
Hello Satish,
  I am not sure what your architecture is  but you can route network traffic via intermediate server.  If you have a Web application (ODWEK) running on server A and a proxy server B in between the database server C where CMOD runs.  As long as the ports are open and there is a route from Server A to Server C via B. I am not quite sure I understand the requirement here "ODWEK call should not hit OD server directly".

Thanks,
Siva

satishkumar83

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 06:46:09 PM »
Hi ,

Thanks for your response.I wanted to know how to establish a communication between ODWEK (Server A) and OD (Server C) via Proxy (Server B).I have a test jar file where OD server entries are hardcoded with user id and password and when i ran the sample script from ODWEK server  the jar file is able to connect to OD server .I want to implement the same setup with a proxy server in between.Hope this explains better.Please let me know if any prerequistes are required to make this happen

kbsiva

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 07:25:06 AM »
Hello Satish,
  You need to have the firewall rules open in the proxy server based on how proxy set up. It is always a good idea to have the user id, password, host name, port in a separate properties file with appropriate security outside the code. That said the server A traffic should not be blocked in server B when it is trying to reach server C (I find telnet ipaddress port# a very useful command to check if traffic is allowed).  Based on how the Server B is routing the traffic your IP address for ServerC could change (If there is a NAT involved). If that's the case then you will have to use the server C (NAT IP) to connect to the OnDemand server.

Thanks
Siva

pankaj.puranik

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 08:18:59 AM »
Just to clarify, the JAR (let's use the word EAR instead) which is having code that has been built using the ODWEK APIs should be deployed on a server that has ODWEK software installed. This means that you can not deploy the EAR on a server other that the server that has ODWEK installed.
Now you may route the requests to the ODWEK server via a proxy server as is done in many implementations.
Hope that clarifies.