Author Topic: Variable retention requirement  (Read 1987 times)

pankaj.puranik

Variable retention requirement
« on: December 26, 2014, 10:22:29 PM »
HI folks,

Logging into this forum after a long time.
I have this requirement where the business want to have a variable retention period.
What this means is that a customer document should be retained in CMOD until 6 years after the customer closes his/her account.
The way by which CMOD would be informed about the termination of account is through some kind of a trigger file.

In my understanding from a CMOD perspective, a document is loaded into CMOD to a pre-existing Application Group with a pre-defined retention period.
Based on the document date and the retention period, CMOD stores the document in a directory whose name is in arsdate format within the /arscache directory.
The maintenance schedule then pools through these numbered directory and deletes the directory that has reached the expiry date.

My questions are :

1. Does ERM (Enhanced Retention Management) software provide this facility?
2. If using ERM is not an option due to the cost involved, what options do I have to implement this requirement into CMOD.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

Thanks
Pankaj.

ewirtz

Re: Variable retention requirement
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:32:41 AM »
Hi Pankaj,

we have done some researches two years ago. With enhanced retention management you cannot do that requirement without additional programming. You have to set / release holds for customers in all involved application groups. This is not very efficient.

So we have developed an individual solution using the possibilities of the standard product. Our solution was an own retention database that controls the delete process in CMOD.

regards

Egon